“Notting Hill” quotes(1999)
Plot – William Thacker lives in Notting Hill, London. He shares his house with Spike, a young layabout at ease into the disorder and confusion of the house. William is the owner of a travel bookshop and one day Anna Scott, an american movie star, visits it. William tries to impress the woman but he's very clumsy, however it's love at first sight for them, so they keep on seeing each other. Their love is complicated due to their opposite lifestyles: to avoid her difficulties, the couple meets in secret and in a hurry. When her boyfriend comes to London, the story with William seems arrived to an end, until Anna suddenly comes back to his bookshop.
All actors – Julia Roberts, Hugh Grant, Richard McCabe, Rhys Ifans, James Dreyfus, Dylan Moran, Roger Frost, Henry Goodman, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Lorelei King, John Shrapnel, Clarke Peters, Arturo Venegas, Yolanda Vazquez, Mischa Barton, Tim McInnerny, Gina McKee, Emma Chambers, Hugh Bonneville, Dorian Lough, Sanjeev Bhaskar, Paul Chahidi, Matthew Whittle, Melissa Wilson, Emma Bernard, Emily Mortimer, Tony Armatrading, September Buckley, Phillip Manikum, Samuel West, Dennis Matsuki, Patrick Barlow, Andy de la Tour, Maureen Hibbert, Rupert Procter, David Sternberg, Ann Beach, , Sally Phillips, Alec Baldwin, Andrew Blackall, Ian Boo Khoo, Simon Callow, Kenneth W Caravan, Matthew Christian, Joe Cornish, Sean Cronin, Omid Djalili, Ray Donn, Michael Higgs, Stuart D. Latham, Anthony Maddalena, João Costa Menezes, Matthew Modine, Taylor Murphy, Tim Packham, Moses Rockman, Vivienne Soan, Leigh Tapper, Richard Woolfendenshow all
“Notting Hill” Quotes 19 quotes
“- Anna Scott: You know what they say about men with big feet.
- William Thacker: No, I don't, actually. What's that?
- Anna Scott: Big feet... large shoes.”
“- Spike: There's something wrong with this yogurt.
- William Thacker: Ah, that's not yogurt, that's mayonnaise...
- Spike: Ah, right-o then. [continues to eat it]”
- William Thacker: Apart from the American, I've only loved two girls, both absolute disasters. The first one marries me and then leaves me faster than you can say "Indiana Jones", and the second one, who seriously ought to have known better, casually marries my best friend.
- Bella: She still loves you though.
- William Thacker: Yeah, in a... (continue)(continue reading)
“- William Thacker: Is this your first film?
- 12-yr-old Actress: Well... actually it's my 22nd!
- William Thacker: Any favorites among the 22?
- 12-yr-old Actress: Working with Leonardo.
- William Thacker: DaVinci?
- 12-yr-old Actress: DiCaprio.
- William Thacker: Of course. And is... is he your favorite Italian director?”
- Anna Scott: You said "whoopsidaisies".
- William Thacker: I don't think so. No one says "whoopsidaisies" do they? Unless they're...
- Anna Scott: There is no "unless". No one has said "whoopsidaisies" for fifty years and even then it was only little girls with blonde ringlets.
“- William Thacker: What exactly is a fruitarian?
- Keziah: We believe that fruits and vegetables have feelings, so we think cooking is cruel. We only eat things that have already fallen off a tree or bush, that are, in fact, dead already.
- William Thacker: Oh, all right. Interesting stuff. So, these carrots...
- Keziah: Have been murdered, yes.”
“I've been on a diet every day since I was nineteen, which basically means I've been hungry for a decade.”
“- Anna Scott: What is it about men and nudity? Particularly breasts? How can you be so interested in them?
- William Thacker: Well...
- Anna Scott: But, but, seriously: they're just breasts. Every second person in the world has them.”
“- William Thacker: Any horses in that one? Or hounds for that matter; our readers are intrigued by both species.
- Anna Scott: It takes place on a submarine.”
“- William Thacker: I enjoyed the movie very much. I was just wondering, did you ever consider having more horses in it?
- Anna Scott: Well, we would have liked to. But it was difficult, obviously, being set in space.”
- Anna Scott: Rita Hayworth used to say, "They go to bed with Gilda; they wake up with me".
- William Thacker: Who's Gilda?
- Anna Scott: Her most famous part. Men went to bed with the dream; they didn't like it when they would wake up with the reality.
“- William Thacker: You like Chagall?
- Anna Scott: I do. It feels like how being in love should be. Floating through a dark blue sky.
- William Thacker: With a goat playing the violin.
- Anna Scott: Yes, happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat.”
“Would you like something to eat? Something to nibble? Apricots, soaked in honey? Quite why, no one knows, because it stops them tasting like apricots and makes them taste like honey... and if you wanted honey, you could just... buy honey. Instead of apricots. But nevertheless they're yours if you want them.”
“- William Thacker: Do you... always say no to everything?
- Anna Scott: [thinks] No.”
“- Anna Scott: Probably best not tell anyone about this.
- William Thacker: Right, no one. I mean, I'll tell myself sometimes but, don't worry, I won't believe it.”