Writers quotes102 writers quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“All writers are vampires.”
“- Seth: What's that like? What's it taste like? Describe it like Hemingway.
- Dr. Maggie Rice: Well, it tastes like a pear. You don't know what a pear tastes like?
- Seth: I don't know what a pear tastes like to you.
- Dr. Maggie Rice: Sweet, juicy, soft on your tongue, grainy like a sugary sand that dissolves in your mouth. How's that?
- Seth:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Elaine Mozell: Don't ever think that you can get their attention.
- Young Joan: Whose?
- Elaine Mozell: The men. Who write the reviews. Who run the publishing houses. Who edit the magazines. The ones who decide who gets to be taken seriously, who gets to be put up on a pedestal for the rest of their lives.”
“- Helen St. James: There must be a reason why you drink, Don? The right doctor could find it.
- Don Birnam: Look, I'm way ahead of the right doctor. I know the reason. The reason is me - what I am. Or, rather, what I'm not. What I wanted to become and didn't.
- Helen St. James: What is it you want to be so much that you're not?
- Don Birnam: A...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Used to be, you had to have talent to get published. Now you just have to shoot people.”
“- Sarbojaya Ray: You'll educate the boy, give him his sacred thread, teach him to worship the gods. Durga will find a good husband. Two meals a day, new clothes twice a year - what more could we want?
- Harihar Ray: We'll have all that and more. My ancestors were writers, after all. They left a legacy that can't be ignored. Just wait two years....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- NewspaperEditor: I'm not looking for writers. I'm looking for ideas. Ideas with heart. If you pitch me a... a great idea with heart, you get to write it. That's the wonderful world of freelance.
- Parker Concorde: Well, actually, I'm working on this... psychic hotline article.
- NewspaperEditor: Good. How's it end?
- Parker Concorde: How...” (continue)(continue reading)
“They were, as John always described them, penny dreadfuls with an elevated prose style.”
“- Josie Geller: That thing, that moment, when you kiss someone and everything around becomes hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this person and you realize that that person is the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life, and for one moment you get this amazing gift and you want to laugh and you want to cry...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What is it about Italy that makes lady novelists reach such summits of absurdity?”
“All that was left was the man and the devil... trapped in the writer's creation.”
“- Julia: It's discouraged for campaigns to interact. For instance, if one speechwriter were to date another, they might reveal something crucial about the campaign. Some campaigns have spies for just this purpose, whose job it is to follow the speechwriter, and to seduce her...
- Kevin: Or him...
- Julia: Into revealing her secrets.”
“- Doris Saphron: I miss Murray, Harry.
- Harry Zimm: Yeah, I miss him, too. Hell of a good writer, you know. I should know, I discovered him. Made him what he was.
- Doris Saphron: What he was, was a hack. He couldn't get a job writing for anybody but you. I'm being honest. He was a lousywriter, but he was a good husband. I just didn't know...” (continue)(continue reading)