“The Searchers” quotes(1956)
Title The Searchers
Director John Ford
Director John Ford
Plot – Ethan Edwards returns to his brother Aaron’s ranch in Texas and gets warmly welcomed. One day, a group of settlers led by Rev. Sam Clayton arrives at the ranch: they are chasing the Native Americans who stole the cattle. Ethan goes with them and realizes that the Comanches stole the cattle to make the settlers go away. Once they are back to the ranch, Ethan finds his family killed by the Native Americans, who also kidnapped the daughters Debbie and Lucy.
All actors – John Wayne, Jeffrey Hunter, Vera Miles, Ward Bond, Natalie Wood, John Qualen, Olive Carey, Henry Brandon, Ken Curtis, Harry Carey Jr., Antonio Moreno, Hank Worden, Beulah Archuletta, Walter Coy, Dorothy Jordan, Pippa Scott, Patrick Wayne, Lana Wood, Pipe Line Begishe, Exactly Sonnie Betsuie, Danny Borzage, Ruth Clifford, Carmen D'Antonio, Tommy Doss, Pete Grey Eyes, Feather Hat Jr., Nacho Galindo, Chuck Hayward, Jack Tin Horn, Harry Black Horse, Away Luna, Robert Lyden, Cliff Lyons, Peter Mamakos, Mae Marsh, Frank McGrath, Bob Many Mules, Jack Pennick, Lloyd Perryman, Chuck Roberson, Smile White Sheep, Many Mules Son, Percy Shooting Star, William Steele, Chief Thundercloud, Terry Wilson, Billy Yellowshow all
“The Searchers” Quotes 7 quotes
“- Martin: I hope you die!
- Ethan: That'll be the day.”
“- Ethan: A fella could mistake you for a half-breed.
- Martin: Not quite, I'm eighth Cherokee, the rest is Welsh and English. Least that's what they tell me.”
“- Brad: They gotta stop sometime. If they're human men at all, they gotta stop.
- Ethan: No, a human rides a horse until it dies, then he goes on afoot. A Comanche comes along, gets that horse up, rides him 20 more miles... and then he eats him.”
“- Reverend Clayton: I say we do it my way. That's an order!
- Ethan: Yessir. But if you're wrong don't ever give me another.”
“- Martin: You know, Laurie, I was just thinking that maybe it's about time you and me started going steady, huh?
- Laurie Jorgensen: Why, Martin Pawley, you and me been going steady since we was three years old!
- Martin: We have?
- Laurie Jorgensen: 'Bout time you found out about it.”
“Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America.”