Hope quotes252 hope quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Meredith: I like seeing you like this.
- Will: Like what?
- Meredith: Hopeful.”
“I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?”
“The truest friend does not doubt... but hope.”
You know, when you were a baby in your crib, your father looked down at you, he had but one hope: "someday, my son will grow to be a man". Well look at you now; you just got your asses whipped, by a bunch of goddamn nerds.
“That's the day I realized that there was this entire life behind things, and this incredibly benevolent force that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever.”
“Hope is not a strategy.”
“I was so plumb wore out for awhile I didn't seem to believe in nothin' no more. But, now my clothes are startin' to dry and I'm beginnin' to believe again. I guess that's the way the Earth feels when she's wet. But, the Sun will start dryin' her out and she'll start callin' to me again, just the way Nona does sometimes.”
“Jus' cause we're havin' hard times right now, don't mean we gotta stop nothin'. We gotta keep goin'. Once we give up, we won't have the courage to get ourselves back to good times.”
“- William Cecil: Madam, if I may speak? While she is on this island, she must bow to you, not to Rome. Our Catholics must know that a papist will never again sit on the English throne.
- Queen Elizabeth I: What would you suggest?
- William Cecil: Kill her hope, and hopeless, she may return to the comfort of the continent.”
“- Pina: It's been two years now. How long ago that seems now. And how things have changed, though we were already at war then.
- Francesco: Everyone foolishly thought it would be over quickly and that we'd only see it on newsreels.
- Pina: When is it going to end? Sometimes I just can't go on. This winter feels like it will never end.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Francesco: We mustn't be afraid now or in the future, because we're on the just path. Understand, Pina?
- Pina: Yes, Francesco.
- Francesco: We're fighting for something that has to be, that can't help coming. The road may be long and hard, but we'll get there and we'll see a better world. And our children especially will see it.”
“- Charles Xavier: The world's already begun rebuilding its arsenals.
- Erik Lensherr: It's human nature, Charles.
- Charles Xavier: I still have hope.”
“Don't you ever say never to me!”