War quotes911 war quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Some had families waiting. For others, their only family would be the men they bled beside. There were no bands, no flags, no Honor Guards to welcome them home. They went to war because their country ordered them to. But in the end, they fought not for their country or their flag, they fought for each other.”
“It's at the beginning and end of war that we have to watch out. In between, it's like a country club.”
“A shepherd must tend his flock. And at times... fight off the wolves.”
“Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.”
“- Zev Gutman: Did your father ever talk to you about Germany?
- John Kurlander: Are you kidding me? He never stopped talking about Germany.”
Ground team, you're up that trail, you've got the grid coordinates. Air team, you follow me down this creek. Well, that's it... it's game time. I had a speech prepared, but I guess I forgot it. There are some lines from Julius Caesar. "If a man were to know the end of this day's business, here it come; but it suffices that the day will end, and... (continue)(continue reading)
“How many people had I already killed? There were those six that I knew about for sure. Close enough to blow their last breath in my face. But this time, it was an American and an officer. That wasn't supposed to make any difference to me, but it did. Shit... charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tommy: It's not fair!
- Alex: Survival's not fair!”
“These are the true events of November, 1965, in the Ia Drang Valley of Vietnam. A place our country does not remember, in a war it does not understand.”
“- Andre Baptiste Senior: They say that I am the lord of war, but perhaps it is you.
- Yuri Orlov: I believe it's warlord.
- Andre Baptiste Senior: Thank you, but I prefer it my way.”
“- Leonard Dekkom: Tomorrow, the sun will rise, all our enemies will be gone. Wiped away as if by the Hand of God.
- President Andrew Palma: Why would you do this?
- Leonard Dekkom: Because no-one else would. I'm turning the clock back to 1945, when America was a shining city on a hill, not just a bank disguised as a country.
- President Andrew...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know what you are... what you're made of. War is in your blood. Don't fight it. You didn't kill for your country.
You killed for yourself. God's never gonna make that go away. When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing.”
“- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: I pray you watch over the young Jack Geoghegan. That I lead into battle. You use me as your instrument in this awful hell of war to watch over them. Especially if they're men like this one beside me, deserving of a future in your blessing and goodwill. Amen.
- 2nd Lt. Jack Geoghegan: Amen.
- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: Oh, yes, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“the purpose of war is to serve a political end but the true nature of war is to serve itself.”
“Just because there's not a war doesn't mean there's peace.”
“In 20 years, Iraq will be a hellhole nobody cares about. Terrorism's a short-term threat. The real threats will come from China, Russia, Iran. and they'll come as SQL injections and malware.”
“A brilliant man would find a way not to fight a war.”
Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war "a cloud over the land" but they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say "Shit, it's raining!".
“- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: I was sent on a classified mission, sir.
- Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: It's no longer classified, is it? Did they tell you?
- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.
- Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
- Captain Benjamin L. Willard:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gen. Stonewall Jackson: Tell me general, do you expect to live till the end of this war?
- General John Bell Hood: Oh... I do not know, but... I'm inclined to think I will. I expect I will be wounded. And you general?
- Gen. Stonewall Jackson: I do not expect to live to see the end of this war. Nor can I say that without victory I would desire...” (continue)(continue reading)