Ability quotes769 ability quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Oh! Eddie, is there anything you can't do? You take my very breath away, I swear. Look at this! Have you ever cut a woman's hair? Would you cut mine?”
“You're no general. You're not even a good painter.”
“A man can be an artist in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.”
“My guy in D.C. tells me that we are not dealing with a studenthere, we're dealing with the Professor. Any time the military has an operation that can't fail, they call this guy in to train the troops, OK? He's the kind of guy that would drink a gallon of gasoline so he could piss in your campfire! You could drop this guy off at the Arctic...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Make up your mind dearheart. Do you want to be a great actor or a household word?”
“- The Chechen: What do you propose?
- The Joker: It's simple. We, uh, kill the Batman.
- Salvatore Maroni: If it's so simple, why haven't you done it already?
- The Joker: If you're good at something, never do it for free.”
“Can't nobody sang like Eddie King Jr!”
“- Barbara: With a cute little rear end like that, you'll be the belle of the ball. Your dance card'll be filled every day. You'll be so popular, making all kinds of new, close friends. Big, ugly, hairy friends! Not that you'll ever see what they look like, 'cause you'll be facing the other way.
- Ken Kessler: You're very good at this. You should...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- First Secretary: Calm yourself, Vladimirov...
- General Vladimirov: Calm... calm myself? How can I be calm in your stupidity, stupidity! Losing that aircraft to the Americans... Do you know what this man Gant is? He can land a plane on an ice floe and take off again! You must act, First Secretary!”
“People who can dance and sing are often very good at comedy.”
“I'm not an amazing cook. But I can follow a recipe!”
“- Dr. Irving Finegarten: Are you perchance a nurse?
- Lila: No, I used to be a junkie.
- Dr. Irving Finegarten: Would it endanger your amateur standing if I asked you to use a sterilized needle?
- Lila: You're the doctor.
- Dr. Irving Finegarten: Oh, that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all week.”
“- Chad Danforth: All right, look, if you wanna play ball, then grab a mitt. But I don't dance.
- Ryan Evans: You don't think dancing takes some game?
- Chad Danforth: You got game?
- Ryan Evans: [smirks] A little.”
“- Mark Shermin: Have people from your world been here before?
- Starman: Before yes. We are interested in your species.
- Mark Shermin: You mean you're some kind of anthropologist? Is that what you're doing here? Just checking us out?
- Starman: You are a strange species. Not like any other. And you'd be surprised how many there are. Intelligent...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself.”
“- Lampy: Legs would help, you know.
- Kirby: Brains wouldn't hurt either.”
“You can always tell a novice rider; they aren't comfortable in the saddle and have to hang on.”
“- Kevin Scott: I was discharged for striking a radio operator who fell asleep at his post. You're worried that I have no combat experience. You're right. There's no way of proving that I won't fail in combat. But then again, you can't prove that I will, either.
- Sailor: This is gonna' be a whole lotta' fun with this one.”
“No matter what happens, we couldn't let people say Asian-American actors can't act.”
“When there's a war, the Rhodes fight. We lost almost the whole family at Gettysburg in one day. That's all we're good at. Never been good at anything else. Haven't always been real good at the fighting, either. A lot of us been killed... but we're always there.”
“Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do.”
“Bunny, you don't have to live your life to please me. The important thing is that you're happy. And as for what I've taught you, well, listen, I've always believed that every woman should get as much education and intellectual stimulation as possible, and that she should develop her mental abilities to their utmost potential.”
“- John T. Chance: Got any new men with you, Pat?
- Pat Wheeler: Nah, nobody 'cept Colorado, here.
- John T. Chance: Where'd you take him on?
- Pat Wheeler: Fort Worth.
- John T. Chance: What does he do?
- Colorado Ryan: I speak English, sheriff. If you wanna ask me.”
“He was an average guy who could carry a tune.”