Ability quotes779 ability quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Oh! Eddie, is there anything you can't do? You take my very breath away, I swear. Look at this! Have you ever cut a woman's hair? Would you cut mine?”
“You've got at least a thousand capacities in you.
Even if you don't think so.”
“He was an average guy who could carry a tune.”
“How high can a bird count anyway?”
“- Don Lockwood: Tell me the truth, am I a good actor?
- Cosmo Brown: As long as I'm working for Monumental Pictures, you're the greatest of 'em all.”
“You're no general. You're not even a good painter.”
“- Steve Wozniak: You can't write code... you're not an engineer... you're not a designer... you can't put a hammer to a nail. I built the circuit board. The graphical interface was stolen from Xerox Parc. Jef Raskin was the leader of the Mac team before you threw him off his own project! Someone else designed the box! So how come ten times in a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A man can be an artist in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.”
“My guy in D.C. tells me that we are not dealing with a studenthere, we're dealing with the Professor. Any time the military has an operation that can't fail, they call this guy in to train the troops, OK? He's the kind of guy that would drink a gallon of gasoline so he could piss in your campfire! You could drop this guy off at the Arctic...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Make up your mind dearheart. Do you want to be a great actor or a household word?”
“- The Chechen: What do you propose?
- The Joker: It's simple. We, uh, kill the Batman.
- Salvatore Maroni: If it's so simple, why haven't you done it already?
- The Joker: If you're good at something, never do it for free.”
“When I was your age, before I ever did the counseling, I could look at people, complete strangers, and see their whole lives so clear. But when I looked at each of my husbands, I never saw a thing. That's how it always is. Blind to my own life.”
“Can't nobody sang like Eddie King Jr!”
“I don't believe it! I can fly!”
“The warrior uses whatever is closest to hand.”
“- Barbara: With a cute little rear end like that, you'll be the belle of the ball. Your dance card'll be filled every day. You'll be so popular, making all kinds of new, close friends. Big, ugly, hairy friends! Not that you'll ever see what they look like, 'cause you'll be facing the other way.
- Ken Kessler: You're very good at this. You should...” (continue)(continue reading)
“That look like hockey to you? To me it looks like two monkeys trying to hump a football.”
“- First Secretary: Calm yourself, Vladimirov...
- General Vladimirov: Calm... calm myself? How can I be calm in your stupidity, stupidity! Losing that aircraft to the Americans... Do you know what this man Gant is? He can land a plane on an ice floe and take off again! You must act, First Secretary!”
“People who can dance and sing are often very good at comedy.”
“I'm not an amazing cook. But I can follow a recipe!”
“I always say if I'm not good at something it's just because I've not had time to focus on it.”
“- Peter: I think I've underestimated you, Ned. I don't know why it took me so long. You've started using your incompetence as a weapon.
- Ned: My defense was evolving.”
“- Raymond Babbitt: 246 total.
- Charlie Babbitt: How many?
- Sally Dibbs: 250.
- Charlie Babbitt: Pretty close.
- Sally Dibbs: There's four left in the box.”