Horses quotes75 horses quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Horses have really distinct personalities, and they're magical in many ways.”
“There are at least a dozen good brood mares in that mob. I'll be back for them... and for whatever else is mine.”
The first time he saw Seabiscuit, the colt was walking through the fog at five in the morning. Smith would say later that the horse looked right through him. As if to say: "What the hell are you looking at? Who do you think you are?”. He was a small horse, barely fifteen hands. He was hurting too. There was a limp in his walk, a wheezing when he... (continue)(continue reading)
“You know, everybody thinks we found this broken-down horse and fixed him, but we didn't. He fixed us. Every one of us. And I guess in a way we kinda fixed each other too.”
“A man without a horse is like a man without legs.”
“Good places make good horses.”
“It always amazes me when people go rent horses and ride them.”
“More than three thousand years ago a man named Job complained to God about all his troubles and the Bible tells us that God answered. Do you give the horse its strength or clothe its neck with a flowing mane? Do you make him leap like a locust, striking terror with his proud snorting? He paused fiercely, rejoicing in his strength and charges...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Jo knew I that I could feel love, and sadness. But others thought it was OK to just throw a horse’s life away like it meant nothing. And that broke my heart.”
“Jo and I galloped like nothing in the world could catch us. We were two being, and yet, for just a moment, we were one.”
“I was a mustang. Strong and proud and wild. And I would defend myself until my final breath. Jo would have wanted it. My mother would have too.”
“I decided humans must be very lazy. They always wanted to be carried around by something.”
“After that day I realized that maybe there was one person who could understand me. And the amazing thing was, I understood her too.”
“- Brad: They gotta stop sometime. If they're human men at all, they gotta stop.
- Ethan: No, a human rides a horse until it dies, then he goes on afoot. A Comanche comes along, gets that horse up, rides him 20 more miles... and then he eats him.”
“- Sheriff Burnett: What do you want?
- Walter, Leader of the Outlaws: We just want that horse of yours.
- Sheriff Burnett: You want my horse, there's an awful lot of ya. What are you gonna do with just one horse, anyhow?
- Walter, Leader of the Outlaws: Eat it. We're gonna feed off that beast for at least a week.”
“- Annie MacLean: I've heard you help people with horse problems.
- Tom Booker: Truth is, I help horses with people problems.”
- Tulio: Miguel, you're talking to a horse!
- Miguel: Yes, that's it Altivo. Find the pry bar!
- Tulio: Yes, "find the pry bar". He doesn't understand "pry bar"! He's a dumb horse, there's no way he could understand.
“- Sugar Kane Kowalczyk: Isn't water polo terribly dangerous?
- Junior: I'll say. I had two ponies drowned under me.”
“One day I woke up and found myself alone. Seemed like everybody I knew was either dead or in jail. They thought I was dead too. So I just did what any good dead person would do; I went off and raised me some horses. Twenty years.”
“Let me put it this way. My horse is definitely not my best friend.”
“I never stole a horse from someone I didn't like.”