Wishes quotes299 wishes quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'd give my left nut to see that again.”
“- General Vladimirov: Sir, we'll need to know only one thing from you. What do you wish done when the plane is sighted?
- First Secretary: Obliterate it! Completely!”
“I don't want my resturant to be a place where people sit and eat. I want people to sit at that table and be sick with longing.”
“Sometimes who we wish we were, what we wish we could do, is just not meant to be.”
“I don't believe that wishing works. I think we get the things we work for.”
“One comes to a decision based on what one wants, not based on what one doesn't want.”
- Captain Borodin: I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?
- Marko Ramius: I suppose.
- Captain Borodin: No papers?
- Marko Ramius: No papers,... (continue)(continue reading)
“The last wish of an old friend must be respected. Don't you agree?”
“Only a fool wants what he can not have.”
“- Emmet Brickowoski: Make a wish!
- Lucy: Oh, no!
- Emmet Brickowoski: What? Can’t think of anything to wish for? I always just wish for more wishes, because you can never have enough.”
“- Martin: I hope you die!
- Ethan: That'll be the day.”
“You know how I feel about my grandmother but I'd sell her for a drink.”
“I always wanted to become an astronaut, for the future of mankind and all. At least, that’s what I always told myself. I see myself from the outside. Smile, present a side. It’s a performance, with my eye on the exit. Always on the exit. Just don’t touch me.”
“Secretly, or maybe not so secretly, I've always wanted to be a rock star.”
“- Chas: I need a bohemian atmosphere! I'm an artist, Mr. Turner. Like yourself.
- Turner: You - juggle.”
“Can't an old woman have wishes too?”
“- Christina Delassalle: I'd like to die and not see him anymore.
- Michel Delassalle: Die, darling! Die and do it quickly!”
“I wish to become the most powerful being in the universe. More powerful than you!”
Did you ever wish you could sometimes freeze frame a moment in your day, look at it and say "this is not my life"?
“Have we not each experienced the sensation that a beautiful moment seemed to pass to quickly, and wished that we could make it linger? Or felt time slow on a dull day, and wished that we could speed things up a bit?”
“Do you ever feel like your life has turned into something you never intended?”