Commanding quotes167 commanding quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Si' down, si' down. That's what chairs are for.”
“- Miss Hannigan: I don't know whatever I'd do without you.
- Annie: Scrub the floors yourself?”
“- Maj. Warden: You'll go on without me. That's an order. You're in command now, Shears.
- Commander Shears: You make me sick with your heroics! There's a stench of death about you. You carry it in your pack like the plague. Explosives and L-pills - they go well together, don't they? And with you it's just one thing or the other: destroy a bridge...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Reverend Clayton: I say we do it my way. That's an order!
- Ethan: Yessir. But if you're wrong don't ever give me another.”
“Mr. Maryk, you may tell the crew for me that there are four ways of doing things aboard my ship: The right way, the wrong way, the Navy way, and my way. They do things my way, and we'll get along.”
- Virgil: Teacher only reverted to type under provocation. He... he spoke like a slavemaster in the old days of our servitude when we were conditioned to mechanical obedience. He, uh, he uttered a negative, uh, imperative.
- Caesar: Could you put that into words which even Caesar could understand?
- Virgil: Uh, he said, "No, Aldo, no!".
“The night is filled with Thy voice. Here am I. What wouldst Thou demand of me?”
“- Isaac: There is nothing that He may not ask of thee?
- Abraham: Nothing.”
“Never do anything I tell you, without checking with me first.”
“- SWAT Captain: Any last minute orders?
- Agent Colin Bates: Yeah, nobody shoot me - unless it's absolutely necessary.”
- Duke Henry the Red: You Sir, are not one of my vassals... who are you?
- Ashley "Ash" J. Williams: Who wants to know?
- Duke Henry the Red: I am Henry the Red. Duke of Shale, Lord of the Northlands and leader of its peoples.
- Ashley "Ash" J. Williams: Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Willie: How much money we got left?
- Eddie: We got a lot.
- Willie: Count it.
- Eddie: Hey, Willie, why are you always telling me what to do?
- Willie: Seems like if I don't tell you what to do, you don't do anything at all.”
“- Lt. Commander Mike Dahlgren: I just don't think you're ready.
- Lieutenant Andrew Tyler: What do you mean I'm not ready? Sir, I have worked my tail off on the S-33. I'm qualified in every area and then some. What executive officer has higher marks then I do, Captain?
- Lt. Commander Mike Dahlgren: Andy! You're just not ready to take on a...” (continue)(continue reading)
We're gonna stop this thing, bada-bing, bada-boom. Er... Forget I said "boom".
“Would the General mind stop playing with his choo-choo and tell me what I'm supposed to do?”
“I feel very strongly that the director is supposed to be the boss. Art was never created by democracy.”
“Last night, Darth Vader came down from Planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn’t take Lorraine out, that he’d melt my brain.”
“My destiny is to rule all others.”
“Captain James Conrad, commander of the air - commander of the sky.”
- Leamington: I want you to get up from the table very, very slowly.
- Jeff Blue: "Very, very"? Not just "very"?
“You will clean up this ship and yourselves!”