Past quotes348 past quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Bruce Wayne: Should I just bury the past out there with my parents, Alfred?
- Alfred: I wouldn't presume to tell you what to do with your past, sir. Just know that there are those of us who care about what you do with your future.”
“The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.”
“I've lived in a world of death. I've watched people I've loved die. Some fast with a bullet, some not enough left to bury. All these years I've kept my secrets, but the time has come to face my past. And if they come looking for me, they will welcome death.”
“Every drink of liquor you take kills a thousand brain cells. Now that doesn't much matter 'cause we got billions more. And first the sadness cells die so you smile real big. And then the quiet cells go so you just say everything real loud for no reason at all. That’s ok, that's ok because the stupid cells go next, so everything you say is real...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Leonard Dekkom: Tomorrow, the sun will rise, all our enemies will be gone. Wiped away as if by the Hand of God.
- President Andrew Palma: Why would you do this?
- Leonard Dekkom: Because no-one else would. I'm turning the clock back to 1945, when America was a shining city on a hill, not just a bank disguised as a country.
- President Andrew...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I was a big slut, but I'm not anymore. There will always be a part of me that is sloppy and dirty, but I like that, just like all the other parts of myself.”
“- Katie: Wouldn't it be lovely if we were old? We'd have survived all this. And everything would be easy and uncomplicated, the way it was when we were young.
- Hubbell: Katie, it was never uncomplicated.”
“They are my past. Everyone is haunted by their past.”
“There is no future. There is no past. I live this moment as my last!”
“The older I get the more things I gotta leave behind, that's life.”
“If a man does not embrace his past, he has no future.”
“- McCroskey: Jacobs, I want to know absolutely everything that's happened up till now.
- Jacobs: Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We were soldiers once, and young.”
“Is there anything as pathetic as an ex-president?”
“ Doesn't matter where you're coming from. All that matters is where you're going.”
“I'm more powerful today than I was 18 years ago. ”
“I love to remember. But its hard to remember. Because remembering won’t bring back those days.”
“All the decisions we made in the past leads us inexorably into the future.”
“That is nostalgia: finding out that things from the past you didn’t even expect were happiness…. actually were.”