15 Movie Quotes about Jealousy
Jealousy, the fear of comparison
A little jealousy in a romantic relationship is natural but some people feel it to a pathological degree. Their jealousy almost always leads to the end of relationships. Hands down, insecurity is the most common source of jealousy. Also obsessive thinking and paranoia play an important role here. Working through such deeply rooted issues takes a lot of time and frequently requires intensive psychotherapy. Without clear boundaries, people who get jealous can be very bad for your mental health.
From the movie: Kiss Me Deadly
“Do me a favor, will you? Keep away from the windows. Somebody might... blow you a kiss.”
Maxine Cooper - Velda Wickman
From the movie: East of Eden
“I've been jealous all my life. Jealous, I couldn't even stand it. Tonight, I even tried to buy your love, but now I don't want it anymore... I can't use it anymore. I don't want any kind of love anymore. It doesn't pay off.”
James Dean - Cal Trask
From the movie: Sabrina
“- Sabrina Fairchild: I hate girls that giggle all the time.
- Thomas Fairchild: You hate every girl David looks at.”
Audrey Hepburn - Sabrina Fairchild
John Williams - Thomas Fairchild
From the movie: Mildred Pierce
“- Ida: Laughing boy seems slightly burned at the edges. What's eating him?
- Mildred: A small green-eyed monster.
- Ida: Jealous? That doesn't sound like Wally. No profit in it - and there's a boy who loves a dollar.”
Eve Arden - Ida Corwin
Joan Crawford - Mildred Pierce
From the movie: Love in the Afternoon
“- Ariane Chavasse: He doesn't believe in love. He's above it. He considers himself invulnerable. But I think I've hit the spot.
- Michel: What spot?
- Ariane Chavasse: He can be jealous, and that's a very good sign.”
talking about Frank Flannagan
Audrey Hepburn - Ariane Chavasse
Van Doude - Michel
From the movie: Bad Times at the El Royale
“- Billy Lee: Did you think you could just take what's mine and I wouldn't come a-huntin'?
- Emily Summerspring: She ain't yours.”
Chris Hemsworth - Billy Lee
Dakota Johnson - Emily Summerspring
From the movie: High Fidelity
“I was jealous of other men in her design department. I became convinced that she was going to leave me for one of them. Then she left me for one of them.”
John Cusack - Rob Gordon
From the movie: Soapdish
- Jeffrey Anderson: Come on, say it! "I want you, Jeffery. I'm consumed with jealousy for my neice, because I want you".
- Celeste Talbert: Oh, please!
- Jeffrey Anderson: Admit it, you have feelings for me.
- Celeste Talbert: My feelings are about you, not for you. There's a big difference!
Kevin Kline - Jeffrey Anderson
Sally Field - Celeste Talbert
From the movie: Cat People
“- Irena Dubrovna Reed: We should never quarrel, never let me feel jealousy or anger. Whatever is in me is held in, is kept harmless, when I'm happy.
- Oliver Reed: I'll dance in the streets to make you happy.”
Simone Simon - Irena Dubrovna Reed
Kent Smith - Oliver Reed
From the movie: Tuff Turf
“if I ever catch you near Frankie again, I'll take you out so fast, you won't even have time to spit.”
talking to Morgan
Paul Mones - Nick Hauser
From the movie: I Know What You Did Last Summer
“- Julie James: I hate this, I really hate this. You're gonna go and you're gonna fall for some head-shaven, black-wearin, tattoo-covered, body-piercing philosophy student.
- Ray Bronson: That sounds attractive.”
Jennifer Love Hewitt - Julie James
Freddie Prinze Jr. - Ray Bronson
From the movie: The Ice Storm
“You and I exist on opposite sides of a great existential divide, that being your pathetic virginity on the one hand and my astonishing number of sexual conquests on the other. You're simply jealous.”
talking to Paul Hood
David Krumholtz - Francis Davenport
From the movie: The Turning Point
“That jealousy - it's poison.”
Shirley MacLaine - Deedee
From the movie: The Social Network
“- Mark Zuckerberg: So how is Christy?
- Eduardo Saverin: Christy's crazy.
- Mark Zuckerberg: Is that fun?
- Eduardo Saverin: No. I mean, she's actually psychotic. She's insanely jealous, she's irrational, and I'm frightened of her.
- Mark Zuckerberg: Still, it's nice you have a girlfriend.”
Jesse Eisenberg - Mark Zuckerberg
Andrew Garfield - Eduardo Saverin
From the movie: Moulin Rouge!
“I'm not a jealous man. I just don't like other people touching my things.”
Richard Roxburgh - The Duke