Possession quotes122 possession quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We humans are more concerned with having than with being.”
“You are going to be mine, all mine, like my dog or my horse or my falcon. Only I will love you more and trust you less.”
“When all you've got is nothing, there's a lot to go around.”
“- Zeb Rawlings: Mike King don't own the railroad!
- Jethro Stuart: Oh? I don't think he knows that.”
“- Baby Doll: Small dogs have a loud bark.
- Archie Lee Meighan: No one is going to whistle at any woman of mine.
- Baby Doll: You take an awful lot for granted when you say mine. I came to you today for protection. What did I get? Slapped, sent home. Now, I'm telling you the agreement between us is over.”
“- Shere Khan: The man-cub is mine! I have already tasted its mother's blood! It is my right.
- Nisha: Your right according to whose law?”
“- Billy Lee: Did you think you could just take what's mine and I wouldn't come a-huntin'?
- Emily Summerspring: She ain't yours.”
“If you don't have anything, you have to act like you own everything.”
“- Levasseur: You'll not take her while I live.
- Peter Blood: Then I'll take her when you're dead.”
“They're not your crew any more. They belong to the ship.”
“This world never belonged to us. It belonged to them. The question is, how long before they take it back.”
“Everything on this island belonged to me. Everything belongs to me... for as long as I live.”
“Nuclear weapons, Jack. They mean nothing. Everybody's got 'em, nobody has the balls to use 'em. Am I right?”
“I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends, and... uh... my thermos.”
“- Mary: You're so lucky to not have a pre-nup.
- Caroline Sexton: We didn't have anything, there was nothing to nup.”
“You don't look at the things that you have, you only look at the stuff that you don't have.”
“If I die first, and I almost certainly will, you will be my sole heir. There's not much in the kitty, except a set of ivory-backed hairbrushes and my library of romantic poetry, but when the time comes, these will be yours. Along with whatever we haven't already spent on whores and whiskey.”
“All my life I've accumulated memories - they've become, in a way, my most precious possessions.”