“The Hustler” quotes(1961)
Plot – Eddie is a young and ambitious snooker player. He challenges the great Minnesota Fats, but he loses. He has to spend a lot of time in the sports betting before he can challenge him again. However, this choice makes him ignore Sara’s feeling. After having defeated the champion, Eddie realizes how miserable he has become to reach his goal.
All actors – Paul Newman, Jackie Gleason, Piper Laurie, George C. Scott, Myron McCormick, Murray Hamilton, Michael Constantine, Stefan Gierasch, Clifford A. Pellow, Jake LaMotta, Gordon B. Clarke, Alexander Rose, Carolyn Coates, Carl York, Vincent Gardenia, William Adams, Tom Ahearne, Charles Andre, Don Crabtree, Gloria Curtis, Robert Daget, Don De Leo, Charles Dierkop, William Duell, James Dukas, Brendan Fay, Jack Healy, Hoke Howell, Don Koll, Charles McDaniel, Charles Mosconi, Willie Mosconi, Sid Raymond, Art Smith, Blue Washingtonshow all
“The Hustler” Quotes 5 quotes
“- Sarah Packard: I'm a college girl. Two days a week - Tuesdays and Thursdays - I go to college.
- Fast Eddie: You don't look like a college girl.
- Sarah Packard: I'm the emancipated type. Real emancipated.
- Fast Eddie: No, I didn't mean that... whatever that means. I mean you just don't look young enough.
- Sarah Packard: I'm not.
- Fast...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charlie Burns: How do you feel?
- Fast Eddie: Fast and loose, man.
- Charlie Burns: In the gut, I mean.
- Fast Eddie: I feel tight, but good.”
“Maybe I'm not such a high-class piece of property right now. And a 25% slice of something big is better than a 100% slice of nothing.”
“- Bert Gordon: I don't think there's a pool player alive shoots better pool than I saw you shoot the other night at Ames. You got talent.
- Fast Eddie: So I got talent. So what beat me?
- Bert Gordon: Character.”