George C. Scott quotes
“Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.”
- From the movie: The Exorcist III
“This I believe in... I believe in death. I believe in disease. I believe in injustice and inhumanity, torture and anger and hate... I believe in murder. I believe in pain. I believe in cruelty and infidelity. I believe in slime and stink and every crawling, putrid thing... every possible ugliness and corruption, you son of a bitch. I believe......” (continue)(continue reading)
“Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.”
- From the movie: The Formula
“You're not in the oil business; you're in the oil shortage business!”
- From the movie: Firestarter
- From the movie: The Hustler
“- Bert Gordon: I don't think there's a pool player alive shoots better pool than I saw you shoot the other night at Ames. You got talent.
- Fast Eddie: So I got talent. So what beat me?
- Bert Gordon: Character.”
“The night is filled with Thy voice. Here am I. What wouldst Thou demand of me?”
“- Isaac: There is nothing that He may not ask of thee?
- Abraham: Nothing.”
- From the movie: Taps
“- Brian Moreland: Sir, how could they do this?
- General Harlan Bache: With the stroke of a pen, sir. Their field of honor was a desktop.”
- From the movie: Movie Movie
“- Spats Baxter: Can you play the piano?
- Dick Cummings: Like a mink.”
- From the movie: The Rescuers Down Under
“Who do you think you're messing with, you dumb animal? My mental facilities are twice what yours are, you pea brain!”
- From the movie: Roger Dodger
- From the movie: Taps
- Ghost of Christmas Present: If he is to die, then let him die! "And decrease the surpluspopulation!".
- Ebenezer Scrooge: You use my own words against me?
- Ghost of Christmas Present: Yes! So perhaps, in the future, you will hold your tongue until you have discovered where the surpluspopulation is, and who it is.
“- Ebenezer Scrooge: Who are you?
- Jacob Marley: Ask me who I was.
- Ebenezer Scrooge: You're particular for a ghost. Who were you then.
- Jacob Marley: In life I was your partner. Jacob Marley.”
“Well, I, uh, don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.”
“- Mr. Poole: Mr. Scrooge, I presume?
- Ebenezer Scrooge: Indeed you do, sir.
- Mr. Poole: You don't know us?
- Ebenezer Scrooge: Nor do I wish to.”
- From the movie: The Changeling
“It's my understanding... that there are, uh... twenty-three students registered... for this series of lectures on advanced musical form. Now, we all know it's not raining outside, and unless there's a fire in some other part of the building that we don't know about, there's an awful lot of people here with nothing better to do.”
- From the movie: Angus
“As for what anybody else thinks, always remember these words and live by them: screw 'em!”
“Acting is just a matter of observation, imitation and communication. That's what it's all about.”
“I became an actor to escape my own personality. Acting is the most therapeutic thing in the world. I think all the courage that I may lack personally, I have as an actor.”