George C. Scott quotes
“Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.”
“This I believe in... I believe in death. I believe in disease. I believe in injustice and inhumanity, torture and anger and hate... I believe in murder. I believe in pain. I believe in cruelty and infidelity. I believe in slime and stink and every crawling, putrid thing... every possible ugliness and corruption, you son of a bitch. I believe......” (continue)(continue reading)
“Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.”
“- Bert Gordon: I don't think there's a pool player alive shoots better pool than I saw you shoot the other night at Ames. You got talent.
- Fast Eddie: So I got talent. So what beat me?
- Bert Gordon: Character.”
“The night is filled with Thy voice. Here am I. What wouldst Thou demand of me?”
“- Isaac: There is nothing that He may not ask of thee?
- Abraham: Nothing.”
“- Brian Moreland: Sir, how could they do this?
- General Harlan Bache: With the stroke of a pen, sir. Their field of honor was a desktop.”
“- Spats Baxter: Can you play the piano?
- Dick Cummings: Like a mink.”
“Who do you think you're messing with, you dumb animal? My mental facilities are twice what yours are, you pea brain!”
- Ghost of Christmas Present: If he is to die, then let him die! "And decrease the surpluspopulation!".
- Ebenezer Scrooge: You use my own words against me?
- Ghost of Christmas Present: Yes! So perhaps, in the future, you will hold your tongue until you have discovered where the surpluspopulation is, and who it is.
“- Ebenezer Scrooge: Who are you?
- Jacob Marley: Ask me who I was.
- Ebenezer Scrooge: You're particular for a ghost. Who were you then.
- Jacob Marley: In life I was your partner. Jacob Marley.”
“Well, I, uh, don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.”
“- Mr. Poole: Mr. Scrooge, I presume?
- Ebenezer Scrooge: Indeed you do, sir.
- Mr. Poole: You don't know us?
- Ebenezer Scrooge: Nor do I wish to.”
“It's my understanding... that there are, uh... twenty-three students registered... for this series of lectures on advanced musical form. Now, we all know it's not raining outside, and unless there's a fire in some other part of the building that we don't know about, there's an awful lot of people here with nothing better to do.”
“As for what anybody else thinks, always remember these words and live by them: screw 'em!”
“Acting is just a matter of observation, imitation and communication. That's what it's all about.”
“I became an actor to escape my own personality. Acting is the most therapeutic thing in the world. I think all the courage that I may lack personally, I have as an actor.”