Poverty quotes204 poverty quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“My kids never had the advantage I had. I was born poor.”
“It's the poor man, the shit-shoveler with the arse out of his pants and two bob in his pocket that makes Australia. Every time trouble starts, there he is, standing like a fool at the recruiting office with his hand out for a rifle, while the rich boys are at home hanging on, waiting for a commission or their fathers to get them into a safe job....” (continue)(continue reading)
“There is nothing worse than being famous and broke.”
“- Adso of Melk: Dolcinites? Who were they, master?
- William of Baskerville: Those who believed in the poverty of Christ.
- Adso of Melk: So do we Franciscans.
- William of Baskerville: But they also declared that everyone must be poor, so they slaughtered the rich. Ha! You see, Adso, the step between ecstatic vision and sinful frenzy is all too...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Satine: I can't fall in love with anyone.
- Christian: Can't... fall in love? But a life without love... that's terrible!
- Satine: No. Being on the street, that's terrible.”
“You ain't from this planet are you, Vincent? Who is gonna mug two black fellas, holding pistols, sat in a car that is worth less than your shirt?”
“- Elinor Dashwood: Poor Willoughby. He will always regret you.
- Marianne: But does it follow that, had he chosen me, he would have been content? He would have had a wife he loved, but no money, and might soon have learned to rank the demands of his pocketbook far above the demands of his heart. If his present regrets are half as painful as mine...” (continue)(continue reading)
“These people deserve more than dogshit on the doorstep.”
“- Elinor Dashwood: I am by no means assured of his regard, and even were he to feel such a preference, I think we should be foolish to assume that there would not be many obstacles to his marrying a... a woman of no rank who cannot afford to buy sugar.
- Mrs. Dashwood: But Elinor, your heart must tell you...
- Elinor Dashwood: In such a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Everybody know the poor are always being fucked over by the rich. Always have, always will.”
“There is no shame in being poor! Only in dressing poorly!”
“When all you've got is nothing, there's a lot to go around.”
“I love L.A. Even the homeless have an IMDB page.”
“Pardner, do you know what's on the back of a poor man when he dies? The clothes of pride. And they're not a bit warmer to him than when he was alive.”
“Maybe I'm not such a high-class piece of property right now. And a 25% slice of something big is better than a 100% slice of nothing.”
“When you're poor, no one wants to know you.”
“It's a lesson to remember: without money, you might as well be dead.”