Poverty quotes204 poverty quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“My kids never had the advantage I had. I was born poor.”
“There is nothing worse than being famous and broke.”
“- Satine: I can't fall in love with anyone.
- Christian: Can't... fall in love? But a life without love... that's terrible!
- Satine: No. Being on the street, that's terrible.”
“You ain't from this planet are you, Vincent? Who is gonna mug two black fellas, holding pistols, sat in a car that is worth less than your shirt?”
“These people deserve more than dogshit on the doorstep.”
“Everybody know the poor are always being fucked over by the rich. Always have, always will.”
“When all you've got is nothing, there's a lot to go around.”
“I love L.A. Even the homeless have an IMDB page.”
“Pardner, do you know what's on the back of a poor man when he dies? The clothes of pride. And they're not a bit warmer to him than when he was alive.”
“Maybe I'm not such a high-class piece of property right now. And a 25% slice of something big is better than a 100% slice of nothing.”
“When you're poor, no one wants to know you.”
“It's a lesson to remember: without money, you might as well be dead.”
“- Hunk Houghton: I was singin' country music before the words were invented. And I was on stage with the best of 'em. Eddy Arnold. Roy Acuff.
- Vince Everett: Did you make good money?
- Hunk Houghton: I made two bills a week. I was swimmin' in gravy in those days.
- Vince Everett: Okay, get on to the sad part.
- Hunk Houghton: A woman and a bank...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Don't you know the finest things in the world have been written on an empty stomach.”
“- St. Francis of Assisi: I want to be a beggar! Yes, yes a beggar. Christ was a beggar, His Holy Apostles were beggars. I want to be as free as they are.
- Pietro Di Bernardone: But Your Grace, even beggars show respect to their fathers!
- St. Francis of Assisi: I'm not your son anymore. What is born of flesh is flesh, what is born of spirit is...” (continue)(continue reading)