“Breakfast at Tiffany's” quotes(1961)
Blake Edwards directed this movie in 1961
Title Breakfast at Tiffany's
Director Blake Edwards
Genre Drama, Comedy, Romance
Director Blake Edwards
Genre Drama, Comedy, Romance
Plot – Holly has always lived in New York, surrounded by luxurious things and a lot of freedom, while Paul is a young writer who’s supported by a rich lady. The two live in the same building and soon they fall in love. At first, Paul keeps the relationship with the lady and Holly keeps accepting the money from a prisoner she usually visits, but finally the girl sends her husband back to Texas and Paul rejects his mature friend: now they can begin together their love story.
All actors – Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard, Patricia Neal, Buddy Ebsen, Martin Balsam, José Luis de Vilallonga, John McGiver, Alan Reed, Dorothy Whitney, Beverly Powers, Stanley Adams, Claude Stroud, Elvia Allman, Putney, Mickey Rooney, Alfred Avallone, Janet Banzet, Henry Barnard, Henry Beckman, Nicky Blair, Mel Blanc, Bill Bradley, Florine Carlan, Sue Casey, Roydon Clark, Marian Collier, Christine Corbin, Dick Crockett, Tom Curtis, Tommy Farrell, James Field, George Fields, Joe Gray, Joseph J. Greene, Barbara Kelley, Kip King, Frank Kreig, Gil Lamb, Hanna Landy, James Lanphier, Mary LeBow, Paul Lees, Leatrice Leigh, Mel Leonard, Mike Mahoney, Frank Marth, Fay McKenzie, Joyce Meadows, Hollis Morrison, Kate Murtagh, Bill Neff, Miriam Nelson, Chuck Niles, Peggy Patten, Robert Patten, John Perri, Michael Quinlivan, William Benegal Rau, Joe Scott, Charles Sherlock, Annabella Soong, Helen Spring, Joan Staley, Nino Tempo, Towyna Thomas, Glen Vernon, Linda Wong, Wilson Wood, Richard Wyler, Michael Zaslowshow all
“Breakfast at Tiffany's” Quotes 43 quotes
“It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. I'll give you two.”
“- Paul Varjak: [about Holly and Jose] So you're getting married, then?
- Holly Golightly: Well, he hasn't really asked me, not in so many words.
- Paul Varjak: Four you mean?
- Holly Golightly: Huh?
- Paul Varjak: Well that's how many it takes: will you marry me?”
“- Holly Golightly: You know those days when you get the mean reds?
- Paul Varjak: The mean reds, you mean like the blues?
- Holly Golightly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly Golightly: Did I tell you how divinely and utterly happy I am?
- Paul Varjak: Yes.”
“I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.”
“- Holly Golightly: Years from now, years and years, I’ll be back... me and my nine Brazilian brats. They’ll be dark like Jose, of course, but they’ll have bright green, beautiful eyes. I’ll bring them back, all right, because they must see this. Oh, I love New York.
- Paul Varjak: Then why are you leaving? What’s in it for you anyway?
- Holly...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sally helps me with my accounts. I have no head for figures at all. I’m trying desperately to save some money, you know I told you. I just can’t seem to. He makes me write down everything in there. What I get, what I spend. I used to have a checking account. He made me get rid of that. He feels, for me anyway, that it’s better to operate on a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly Golightly: I want you to call him and tell him Fred’s a genius. Stop blushing, Fred. You didn’t say you’re a genius, I did. So Quit stalling O.J. Just tell him what you’re going to do to make Fred rich and famous?
- O.J. Berman: Now why don’t you let Fred baby and me settle that, huh, puppy?
- Holly Golightly: Okay. But just remember,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly Golightly: Don't you just love it?
- Paul Varjak: Love what?
- Holly Golightly: Tiffany's! ”
“Hand me my purse, will you, darling? A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick.”
“- Holly: He's Rusty Troller!
- Holly:Rusty Troller... he happens to be the ninth richest man in America under fifty.
- Paul: Now that, indeed, is a remarkable piece of information to have at your fingertips!
- Holly: I keep track of these things.”
“Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot.”
“What’s the matter? Don’t you think I can do it? Tell me. Seriously I’m interested. Don’t you think I can? You heard the Doc. my brother gets out of the army in February. The Doc won’t take him back. It’s all up to me. I don’t know why you don’t understand. I needmoney, and I’ll do whatever I have to do to get it. So... this time next month,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly: Do you think she's talented? [Paul turns toward her] Deeply and importantly talented?
- Paul: No. Amusingly and superficially talented, yes, but . . . deeply and importantly, no [The stripper continues taking off her clothes until she has nothing left on except her bra, which she then removes. Holly raises her sunglasses].
- Holly:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Holly: I'll never let anyone put me in a cage!
- Paul: I don't want to put you in a cage, I wanna love you.
- Holly: Same thing!
- Paul: No it's not, Holly.
- Holly: I'm not Holly! I'm not Lula Mae either. I don't know who I am. I'm like Cat here. We're a couple of no-name slobs. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Paul Varjak: Let’s get something straight. I am not now nor have I ever been Fred, nor am I Benny Shacklett, whoever he may be. My name is Paul - Paul
Varjak... and I love you.
- Holly Golightly: Let me go. ”
“Are you through? I’m in a terrible rush. Grand central station, and step on it darling. ”
“I certainly had him pegged wrong, didn’t I? I thought he was just a rat, but he was a super rat all along - a super rat in rat’s clothing”
“- Paul Varjak: I...I hate to, uh...I hate to bother you, but if I could ask one more favor...could I use the phone?
- Holly Golightly: Sure. Why not?
- Paul Varjak: Thank you. Well, this is a...nice little place you’ve got here. You just moved in, too, huh?
- Holly Golightly: No. I’ve been here about a year. The phone’s over there.
Well, it was....” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know what's gonna happen to you? I am gonna march you over to the zoo and feed you to the yak.”