Lies quotes558 lies quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Alice: You lied to me.
- Nick Styles: I didn't lie to you. I just didn't tell the whole truth.
- Alice: You're such a lawyer.”
“It's better sometimes knowing when to quit instead of lying to yourself, or anyone you care about the most.”
“I know you never lie to me. I believe you. You're not lying. It's worse than lying. You've forgotten.”
“I try to lie as much as I can when I'm interviewed. It's reverse psychology. I figure if you lie, they'll print the truth.”
“Half of writing history is hiding the truth.”
“I find that, lately, even lying to myself comes easily.”
“Did you ever see a clock that pointed to two and struck four when it is really quarter-past-twelve? Well, your friend Regis is like that. He doesn't ring true.”
“- Clarence: Your brother, Harry Bailey, broke through the ice and was drowned at the age of nine.
- George Bailey: That's a lie! Harry Bailey went to war! He got the Congressional Medal of Honor! He saved the lives of every man on that transport!
- Clarence: Every man on that transport died. Harry wasn't there to save them, because you weren't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Debbie: You're the best.
- Danny: I bet you say that to all your guys.
- Debbie: Yep, and they believe it.”
“- Henry Frapp: I holed up behind some rocks' but that didn't do no good... because they just kept on a-comin', entire Sioux nation. Me outta powder, outta lead. Goddamn, I was one scared nigger!
- Bill Tyler: I thought you said they was 'Rapaho.
- Henry Frapp: No, goddamnit! They was Pawnee!
- Bill Tyler: Well, what happened to you?
- Henry...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You think that not getting caught in a lie is the same thing as telling the truth.”
“- Danny Pope: If you want to go back, that's fine with me.
- Lorna Phillips: You're a bully.
- Danny Pope: No. I'm a liar.”
“A lie's a lie. Dressing it in white doesn't help it.”
- Kisha: Not only she knows you but she said she sucked your little black "dingaling" last night! So what you got to say now, huh?
- Tommy 'Buns' Bundy: Bitch is lyin'!
“I got myself a pretty good bullshit detector, and I can tell when somebody's peeing on my boots and telling me it's a rainstorm.”
“Lies, deceit, mixed messages... this is turning into a real marriage.”
“There's truth in lies too, if you can get enough of them.”
“Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?”
The one thing that bothered me, the one thing that stayed in my mind and I couldn't get rid of it, that haunted me, was "Why?". Why would she lie? What was her motive for lying? If my client is innocent, she's lying. Why? Was it blackmail? No. Was it jealousy? No. Yesterday, I found out why. She doesn't have a motive. You know why? Because she's... (continue)(continue reading)
“Fact is, all lies, all evil deeds, they stink. You can cover them up for a while, but they don't go away.”