Lies quotes582 lies quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Alice: You lied to me.
- Nick Styles: I didn't lie to you. I just didn't tell the whole truth.
- Alice: You're such a lawyer.”
“It's better sometimes knowing when to quit instead of lying to yourself, or anyone you care about the most.”
“- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: They're not the kinda guys who write letters. You were outside, I was inside. You were supposed to keep in touch with the band. I kept asking you if we were gonna play again.
- Elwood Blues: Well, what was I gonna do? Take away your only hope? Take away the very thing that kept you going in there? I took the liberty of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I know you never lie to me. I believe you. You're not lying. It's worse than lying. You've forgotten.”
“I try to lie as much as I can when I'm interviewed. It's reverse psychology. I figure if you lie, they'll print the truth.”
“Half of writing history is hiding the truth.”
“I find that, lately, even lying to myself comes easily.”
“There are two kinds of lies: lies that have short legs and lies that have a long nose. And yours are clearly the kind that have the long nose.”
“Everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie. Everything that goes into her mouth is a dick.”
“Did you ever see a clock that pointed to two and struck four when it is really quarter-past-twelve? Well, your friend Regis is like that. He doesn't ring true.”
- 1st Interviewer: Mr. Murphy, do you mean that you lied on your application?
- Spud: No! Uh. Yes. Only to get my foot in the door. Showing initiative and that like.
- 1st Interviewer: But you were referred here by the department of employment, there was no need for you to get your "foot in the door", as you put it.
- Spud: Ehhh... cool.... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Clarence: Your brother, Harry Bailey, broke through the ice and was drowned at the age of nine.
- George Bailey: That's a lie! Harry Bailey went to war! He got the Congressional Medal of Honor! He saved the lives of every man on that transport!
- Clarence: Every man on that transport died. Harry wasn't there to save them, because you weren't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Debbie: You're the best.
- Danny: I bet you say that to all your guys.
- Debbie: Yep, and they believe it.”
“- Henry Frapp: I holed up behind some rocks' but that didn't do no good... because they just kept on a-comin', entire Sioux nation. Me outta powder, outta lead. Goddamn, I was one scared nigger!
- Bill Tyler: I thought you said they was 'Rapaho.
- Henry Frapp: No, goddamnit! They was Pawnee!
- Bill Tyler: Well, what happened to you?
- Henry...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Woman on radio: The choice is clear. The Arion 620, the American-made car for American-made drivers.
- Bob Cody: That's a lie. Arion engines are made in Japan.
- Man on radio: Kill Signal, the movie everyone's talking about, from Weber Films.
- Bob Cody: That's another lie. We're not talking about it.
- Another man on radio: We're the U.S....” (continue)(continue reading)
“You think that not getting caught in a lie is the same thing as telling the truth.”
“- Danny Pope: If you want to go back, that's fine with me.
- Lorna Phillips: You're a bully.
- Danny Pope: No. I'm a liar.”
“A lie's a lie. Dressing it in white doesn't help it.”
- Kisha: Not only she knows you but she said she sucked your little black "dingaling" last night! So what you got to say now, huh?
- Tommy 'Buns' Bundy: Bitch is lyin'!
“I got myself a pretty good bullshit detector, and I can tell when somebody's peeing on my boots and telling me it's a rainstorm.”