“Author! Author!” quotes(1982)
Plot – Ivan Travalian is a known playwright abandoned by his wife Gloria, who leaves him to take care of his five children alone. The man is overwhelmed by the chaotic family and cannot finish an important play, so he seeks comfort in Alice Detroit, his leading actress, but the girl soon breaks up their relationship. Ivan tries one last time to bring his wife back home but without success. During a stormy argument, Travalian realizes Gloria doesn't deserve his love and returns home to finish the play. His children's love and the comedy's success bring back serenity in Travalian's house.
All actors – Al Pacino, Dyan Cannon, Tuesday Weld, Bob Dishy, Bob Elliott, Ray Goulding, Eric Gurry, Elva Josephson, B.J. Barie, Ari Meyers, Benjamin H. Carlin, Alan Kingshow all
“Author! Author!” Quotes 6 quotes
“I'm never gonna get married. Not ever. Even if you paid me a hundred and fifty dollars.”
“No ex-husband of Gloria's ever has to apologize to me about anything. We're like a little club.”
- Gloria Travalian: Ivan. I'm hurting you.
- Ivan Travalian: That's the kindest thing you've said to me in six months: "Ivan, I'm hurting you".
“- Ivan Travalian: I have done many terrible things in my life but I have never put another man's wife in my bed.
- Larry Kotzwinkle: Wasn't she married to that Spanish painter when you slept with her?
- Ivan Travalian: Don't prove me wrong, Larry, I hate it when I'm proven wrong.”
“- Ivan Travalian: Eat it. It's healthy. You'll live longer.
- Kreplich: I have a miserable life. I don't want to live longer.”
“- Gloria Travalian: Ivan, I'm not leaving you for another man.
- Ivan Travalian: Larry Kotzwinkle's not a man, he's a duck.”