“- Barbara: Why wouldn't we go out with Ronald. I mean he's cute and sweet...
- Patty: And good...
[Cindy and Barbara stare at her]
- Patty: Come on, a lady never talks.
- Cindy Mancini: Well I'll have to remember that the next time I see one.”
“Can't Buy Me Love” quotes(1987)
Plot – Ronald Miller is tired of being a nerd, so he decides to make a deal with one of the most popular girls of the school. His goal is to become someone important, so he pays the girl $1,000 to pretend to be his girlfriend for a month. Ronald manages to get what he wants, but he soon learns that the price of popularity is higher than what he expected.
All actors – Patrick Dempsey, Amanda Peterson, Courtney Gains, Tina Caspary, Seth Green, Sharon Farrell, Darcy DeMoss, Dennis Dugan, Cloyce Morrow, Devin DeVasquez, Eric Bruskotter, Gerardo Mejíashow all
“Can't Buy Me Love” Quotes 22 quotes
“- Ronald Miller: I just think it would be more fun to party with those guys our senior year... go to the games...
- Kenneth Wurman: We go to ALL the games.
- Ronald Miller: We sit in the visiting section Kenneth... at our own school.”
“- Cindy Mancini: Are you high?
- Ronald Miller: I want to rent you.
- Cindy Mancini: You want to rent me?
- Ronald Miller: Yeah. You pretend you like me and we go out for a few weeks... and that will make me popular.
- Cindy Mancini: Just going out with me is not gonna make you popular.
- Ronald Miller: Well I have a thousand dollars that says...” (continue) (continue reading)
“You ignored the Donald Miller geek for seventeen years, now you want to ride the Ronnie Miller express!”
“- Patty: Are you into long distance relationships?
- Ronald Miller: No.
- Patty: Now, then why don't you reach out and touch someone?”
“I need to talk to you. Every time I call you're either taking a bath, washing your hair or you're out of the country. That was a good one, by the way.”
“Quinton is in! Let the fun begin!”
“Nerds, jocks. My side, your side. Man, it's all bullshit. It's hard enough just trying to be yourself. I know cause I messed up. I tried to buy my way in. But Kenneth, he's not trying to buy anybody, he's just trying to make friends; being himself.”
“Iris? Oh yeah, she's a big conquest. She's given more rides than Greyhound!”
“Didn't you take economics? You could have had me for $49.95.”
- Chuckie Miller: You nuked my brother.
- Cindy Mancini: What?
- Chuckie Miller: You took him from "geek" status to "king" status to no status.
- Cindy Mancini: Chuckie Miller, right? He resorted to sending his messenger boy?
- Chuckie Miller: Boy? I see no boy here.
- [Cindy puts powder on his face]
- Chuckie Miller: You think you shut me up?
-... (continue) (continue reading)
“Cards with the tards. Who could beat a night of cards, chips, dips and dorks?”
“- Ronald Miller: I'm going to a party. John Richmond's, with Cindy Mancini.
- Chuckie Miller: Cindy Mancini? Senior, captain of the cheerleaders, most beautiful girl in the history of this county?
- Ronald Miller: That's her. Well, I'm late, gotta bolt.
- Chuckie Miller: Bolt? Something stinks in suburbia.”
“Even Bobby thinks we went out. Great, huh? Ha! All of you thought we were a couple. What a joke!... Ronald Miller paid me 1,000 bucks to pretend I liked him. What a deal, huh? $1,000 to go out with him for a month. This guy. Oh, God. He bought me. And he bought all of you. He was sick and tired of being a nobody. Yeah, and he said that all of...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Patty: Didn't you like, used to mow our lawn?
- Ronald Miller: Yes, and you have the nicest pair of rhododendrons in town!
- Patty: Rhodo-who's?
- Cindy Mancini: Guys, I'll see you in home ec, OK?
- Barbara: What did he say?
- Patty: I don't care! Dig on his shirt...”
Someday my wish is for him to hold me in his arms, in a sea of deep blue, together at last, together as two", ohhh that's beautiful, I didn't know you were a poet.
“Guys, take a look at my forehead: do you see a sign that says information?”
“- Patty: Cool outfit!
- Barbara: What a severe suede!
- Cindy Mancini: You guys, it's no big deal. Bobby sent it to me from Iowa. You know they have fine leathers down there.
- Patty: Oh, yeah. The best leathers come from Rome, Paris, and Des Moines!”