“The Princess Bride” quotes(1987)
Plot – Little Jimmy is bedridden because of a tedious flu and spends his time playing video games or watching sports on television: his grandfather comes to visit but is not welcomed very warmly. So he starts reading a fantastic story that gradually involves more and more the little boy. It is about a bittersweet story of the beautiful princess Buttercup who falls in love with his servant Westley. The young man’s departure disrupts the romance: they both swear eternal love. After five long years, Buttercup learns that Westley is murdered by cruel pirate Roberts so she thinks she will never love another man. Despite this, the cynical and arrogant prince Humperdinck wants to marry her. She is kidnapped by three dark figures: Vizzini, the boss, Iñigo Montoya, a skilled Spanish swordsman and Fezzik, a giant with a superhuman strength.
All actors – Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin, Chris Sarandon, Christopher Guest, Wallace Shawn, André the Giant, Fred Savage, Robin Wright, Peter Falk, Peter Cook, Mel Smith, Carol Kane, Billy Crystal, Anne Dyson, Margery Mason, Malcolm Storry, Willoughby Gray, Betsy Brantley, Paul Badger, Errol Bennett, Willy DeVille, Mickey Feat, Guy Fletcher, Mark Knopfler, Jamie Lane, Sallie McLaughlin, Derek Pykettshow all
“The Princess Bride” Quotes 27 quotes
“I really do think that love is the best thing in the world, except for cough drops. But I also have to say, for the umpty-umpth time, that life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all.”
“- Westley: If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do.
- Inigo Montoya: I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you.
- Westley: That does put a damper on our relationship.”
“Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.”
“- Fezzik: You never said anything about killing anyone.
- Vizzini: I've hired you to help me start a war. It's an prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition.”
“Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!”
“- Fezzik: Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid, or something like that?
- Westley: Oh no, it's just that they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.”
- Vizzini: I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha!
[he stops suddenly, his smile frozen on... (continue)(continue reading)
“True love is the greatest thing in the world, except for a nice MLT, mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe.
[smacks his lips]
They're so perky, I love that.”
“- Miracle Max: I've never worked for so little. Except once, and that was a very noble cause.
- Inigo Montoya: This is noble, sir. His wife is... crippled. His children are on the brink of starvation.
- Miracle Max: Are you a rotten liar!
- Inigo Montoya: I need him to help avenge my father, murdered these twenty years.
- Miracle Max: Your first...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Vizzini: He didn't fall? Inconceivable.
- Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
“- Westley: The next thing you will lose will be your left eye followed by your right.
- Prince Humperdinck: And then my ears, I understand let's get on with it.
- Westley: Wrong. Your ears you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
- Westley: You're that smart?
- Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
- Westley: Yes.
- Vizzini: Morons.”
“- Miracle Max: It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
- Inigo Montoya: What's that?
- Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.”
“- The Grandfather: This is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I'm gonna read it to you.
- The Grandson: Has it got any sports in it?
- The Grandfather: Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Inigo Montoya: It's very strange. I have been in the revenge business so long, now that it's over, I don't know what to do with the rest of my life.
- Westley: Have you ever considered piracy?”
“- Inigo Montoya: I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
- Westley: Do you always begin conversations this way?”
“- Westley: Give us the gate key.
- Yellin: I have no gate key.
- Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, tear his arms off.
- Yellin: Oh, you mean this gate key.”