Divorce quotes182 divorce quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Whenever you want to marry someone, go have lunch with his ex-wife.”
“Criminal lawyers see bad people at their best, divorce lawyers see good people at their worst.”
“There's a group for men in Hollywood called Divorce Anonymous. It works like this: if a member of the group starts to feel the urge to divorce, they send over an accountant to talk him out of it.”
“When I get married, it will be for life - divorce is not an option.”
“Some perfect wife I am. I've been married four times, divorced four times, have no children, and can't boil an egg.”
“Some of the reason why you have so many divorces is that we tend to get married, most of the time, not for ourselves, but for others, or for how it looks to others.”
“There is no winning! Only degrees of losing!”
“She'll never divorce him. She'll kill him but she won't divorce him.”
- Loretta Lynn: Dadgum it, Doo! You never ask me nothing! You just say, "Hey baby, here's the deal, take it or leave it". Well, it's drivin' me crazy, Doo!
- Doolittle Lynn: Well, hell, then let's go up to the house, call a lawyer and get a divorce. I'm tired of this bullshit.
- Loretta Lynn: I don't want no divorce! I just want the dadgum... (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't see divorce as a failure. I see it as the end to a story. In a story, everything has an end and a beginning.”
“I never want to marry, I just want to get divorced.”
“- Roger Thornhill: My wives divorced me.
- Eve Kendall: Why?
- Roger Thornhill: They said I led too dull a life.”
“Getting divorced with a kid is one of the hardest things to do. It's like a death without a body.”
“Marriage is too interesting an experiment to be tried only once.”
“- J. Paul Getty: They say you never really know someone until you have divorced them.
- Fletcher Chase: I wish I knew that three marriages ago.”
“Shortly after you and your brother were born, your father and I divorced, and we each took one son. Obviously, I got second pick.”
“- Walter Burns: Sorta wish you hadn't done that, Hildy.
- Hildy Johnson: Done what?
- Walter Burns: Divorced me. Makes a fella lose all faith in himself. Gives him a... almost gives him a feeling he wasn't wanted.
- Hildy Johnson: That's what divorces are for!”