Marriage quotes1198 marriage quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I know nothing about sex because I was always married.”
“The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing - and then they marry him.”
“Whenever you want to marry someone, go have lunch with his ex-wife.”
- From the movie: Aladdin and the King of Thieves
“I thought the earth wasn't supposed to move until the honeymoon.”
- From the movie: Out of Africa
“- Karen: What's wrong with marriage anyway?
- Denys: Have you ever seen one you admire?
- Karen: Yes, I have, many. Belfield's, for one.
- Denys: He sent her home for the rains in 1910. Didn't tell her they were over until 1913.”
- From the TV Series: Modern Family
“I thought one of the advantages of marrying an older guy was that I was going to be able to relax. But all of this swimming and running and rowing, it’s just like how some of my relatives got into this country!”
- From the TV Series: Mindhunter
“When you're married, it's a contract. There's children, a mortgage, a house to keep up, almost like a business. Only you can't quit. She can't fire you. Stock goes up, stock goes down, doesn't matter, you're trapped. Unless you want to bring on the lawyers and open Pandora's box. Resentment builds on both sides. A thousand tiny cuts.”
- From the movie: Witness for the Prosecution
“- Brogan-Moore: Touching isn't it? The way he counts on his wife.
- Sir Wilfrid: Yes, like a drowning man clutching at a razor blade.”
- From the movie: Wild Strawberries
- From the movie: Mildred Pierce
“- Veda: I don't like this house.
- Mildred: Neither do I. But that's no reason to marry a man I'm not in love with.
- Veda: Why not?
- Mildred: Veda, does a new house mean so much to you that you would trade me for it?”
- From the movie: The Parent Trap
“- Nick Parker: Hal, come here. We have to talk
- Annie as Hallie: Okay shoot.
- Nick Parker: Okay, honey... I want to know what you think about making Meredith part of the family?
- Annie as Hallie: Part of our family?
- Nick Parker: Yeah.
- Annie as Hallie: I think it's an awesome idea. Inspired. Brilliant really.
- Nick Parker: You do? Really?...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: How Do You Know
“I gotta say something to you, I don't want you to think that the reason we're not married is because I think anything of anyone else. It's because I'm 40 years old and I'm a failure, Annie. The reason that I never talked marriage to you is because I couldn't stand to see you, the princess of worry, weighed down by me and my limited prospects....” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Made in Heaven
“I was in love too. My wife wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. She wanted to get married, we did. She wanted to have kids, we did. She wanted to spend the rest of our lives together and did in each other arms, we did.”
“There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again.”
My marriage license reads, "To whom it may concern".
- From the movie: Spider-Man 2
“Flowers? How much? If you spend any more on this thing, you can pick the daisies off my grave! Get plastic!”
“With a second marriage, you keep your fingers crossed and you act optimistic. Somebody did say that a second marriage is a victory of hope over experience.”
- La trovi in Actors in real life
“When I get married, it will be for life - divorce is not an option.”
“Some perfect wife I am. I've been married four times, divorced four times, have no children, and can't boil an egg.”
- From the movie: American Beauty
“- Lester Burnham: Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.
- Carolyn Burnham: Your father seems to think this kind of behavior is something to be proud of.
- Lester Burnham: And your mother seems to prefer that I go through life like...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Some Like It Hot
“- Jerry: We can't get married at all.
- Osgood Fielding III: Why not?
- Jerry: Well, in the first place, I'm not a natural blonde.
- Osgood Fielding III: Doesn't matter.
- Jerry: I smoke! I smoke all the time!
- Osgood Fielding III: I don't care.
- Jerry: Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Analyze This
“Here's what I think you should do. I would do whatever he says. If he wants you to talk, talk. I would get on all fours and bark like a dog. I would do whatever it takes. Smoke some joints! Drink some wine! Whatever it is, to get off on each other and be happy. I mean, come on, look at the two of you! Where are you running? This is the time to...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: He's Just Not That Into You
“What if you meet the love of your life, but you already married somebody else, are you supposed to let them pass you by?”
- From the movie: Leap Year