Marriage quotes1158 marriage quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing - and then they marry him.”
“Whenever you want to marry someone, go have lunch with his ex-wife.”
“I thought the earth wasn't supposed to move until the honeymoon.”
“I know nothing about sex because I was always married.”
“- Karen: What's wrong with marriage anyway?
- Denys: Have you ever seen one you admire?
- Karen: Yes, I have, many. Belfield's, for one.
- Denys: He sent her home for the rains in 1910. Didn't tell her they were over until 1913.”
“When you're married, it's a contract. There's children, a mortgage, a house to keep up, almost like a business. Only you can't quit. She can't fire you. Stock goes up, stock goes down, doesn't matter, you're trapped. Unless you want to bring on the lawyers and open Pandora's box. Resentment builds on both sides. A thousand tiny cuts.”
“- Brogan-Moore: Touching isn't it? The way he counts on his wife.
- Sir Wilfrid: Yes, like a drowning man clutching at a razor blade.”
“- Veda: I don't like this house.
- Mildred: Neither do I. But that's no reason to marry a man I'm not in love with.
- Veda: Why not?
- Mildred: Veda, does a new house mean so much to you that you would trade me for it?”
“- Nick Parker: Hal, come here. We have to talk
- Annie as Hallie: Okay shoot.
- Nick Parker: Okay, honey... I want to know what you think about making Meredith part of the family?
- Annie as Hallie: Part of our family?
- Nick Parker: Yeah.
- Annie as Hallie: I think it's an awesome idea. Inspired. Brilliant really.
- Nick Parker: You do? Really?...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I gotta say something to you, I don't want you to think that the reason we're not married is because I think anything of anyone else. It's because I'm 40 years old and I'm a failure, Annie. The reason that I never talked marriage to you is because I couldn't stand to see you, the princess of worry, weighed down by me and my limited prospects....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I was in love too. My wife wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. She wanted to get married, we did. She wanted to have kids, we did. She wanted to spend the rest of our lives together and did in each other arms, we did.”
“There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again.”
My marriage license reads, "To whom it may concern".
“Flowers? How much? If you spend any more on this thing, you can pick the daisies off my grave! Get plastic!”
“When I get married, it will be for life - divorce is not an option.”
“Some perfect wife I am. I've been married four times, divorced four times, have no children, and can't boil an egg.”
“- Lester Burnham: Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.
- Carolyn Burnham: Your father seems to think this kind of behavior is something to be proud of.
- Lester Burnham: And your mother seems to prefer that I go through life like...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jerry: We can't get married at all.
- Osgood Fielding III: Why not?
- Jerry: Well, in the first place, I'm not a natural blonde.
- Osgood Fielding III: Doesn't matter.
- Jerry: I smoke! I smoke all the time!
- Osgood Fielding III: I don't care.
- Jerry: Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Here's what I think you should do. I would do whatever he says. If he wants you to talk, talk. I would get on all fours and bark like a dog. I would do whatever it takes. Smoke some joints! Drink some wine! Whatever it is, to get off on each other and be happy. I mean, come on, look at the two of you! Where are you running? This is the time to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What if you meet the love of your life, but you already married somebody else, are you supposed to let them pass you by?”
“Some of the reason why you have so many divorces is that we tend to get married, most of the time, not for ourselves, but for others, or for how it looks to others.”
In a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying “Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness”.