“Fort Apache” quotes(1948)
Plot – General Turner is unjustly demoted to colonel rank for a disciplinary measure and transferred to Fort Apache, a pivotal point during the war against Indians. The colonel believes the situation is his only chance to stand out to assert his courage and to evidence the injustice he has received. Despite the advices of the men stationed in Fort Apache, Turner provokes Indian leader Cochise: Fort Apache is surrounded and every agent is massacred by the Indians. Turner dies as well but he's remembered among the heroes who have defended the coutry.
All actors – John Wayne, Henry Fonda, Shirley Temple, Pedro Armendáriz, Ward Bond, George O'Brien, Victor McLaglen, Anna Lee, Irene Rich, Dick Foran, Guy Kibbee, Grant Withers, Jack Pennick, Ray Hyke, Movita, Miguel Inclán, Mary Gordon, Philip Kieffer, Mae Marsh, Hank Worden, John Agar, , Abdullah Abbas, Danny Borzage, Cliff Clark, Jane Crowley, Frank Ferguson, Francis Ford, William Forrest, Fred Graham, Bobbie Hale, Frank McGrath, Clyde McLeod, Russell Meeker, Al Murphy, John Rice, Phil Schumacher, Allen D. Sewall, Mickey Simpson, Leslie Sketchley, Brick Sullivan, Harry Tenbrook, Archie Twitchell, Eleanore Vogelshow all
“Fort Apache” Quotes 4 quotes
“The Sioux once raided into Apache territory. Old-timers told me you can follow the line of their retreat by the bones of their dead.”
“- Captain York: Were you born in Philadelphia?
- Philadelphia Thursday: No, Pomfret, Connecticut. I was named after my mother.
- Captain York: Oh, she was born in Philadelphia?
- Philadelphia Thursday: No, Pawtucket, Rhode Island. She was named after grandmother. Grandmother was the first Philadelphia in our family.
- 2nd Lt. Michael O'Rourke:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Gentlemen, I did not seek this command, but since it's been assigned me, I intend to make this regiment the finest on the frontier. I fully realize that prolonged duty in a small outpost can lead to carelessness... and inefficiency and laxity in dress and deportment. I call it to your attention that only one of you has reported here this morning...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Captain York: I'm Captain Yorke, sir. I bid you welcome, General Thursday.
- Lt. Col. Owen Thursday: I'm not a general, Captain. A man is what he's paid for. I'm paid in the rank of Lt. Colonel.
- Captain York: I'd remembered you as a general from the war, sir.”