Henry Fonda quotes
“- Juror #6: You think he's not guilty, huh?
- Juror #8: I don't know. It's possible.”
“- Juror #2: It's hard to put into words. I just think he's guilty. I thought it was obvious from the word, 'Go'. Nobody proved otherwise.
- Juror #8: Nobody has to prove otherwise. The burden of proof is on the prosecution. The defendant doesn't even have to open his mouth. That's in the Constitution.”
“- Juror #3: You're talkin' about a matter of *seconds!* Nobody can be that accurate!
- Juror #8: Well, I think testimony that can put a boy into the electric chair should be that accurate.”
“It's always difficult to keep personal prejudice out of a thing like this. And wherever you run into it, prejudice always obscures the truth. I don't really know what the truth is. I don't suppose anybody will ever really know. Nine of us now seem to feel that the defendant is innocent, but we're just gambling on probabilities - we may be wrong....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Gentlemen, I did not seek this command, but since it's been assigned me, I intend to make this regiment the finest on the frontier. I fully realize that prolonged duty in a small outpost can lead to carelessness... and inefficiency and laxity in dress and deportment. I call it to your attention that only one of you has reported here this morning...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Captain York: I'm Captain Yorke, sir. I bid you welcome, General Thursday.
- Lt. Col. Owen Thursday: I'm not a general, Captain. A man is what he's paid for. I'm paid in the rank of Lt. Colonel.
- Captain York: I'd remembered you as a general from the war, sir.”
“- Wyatt Earp: Mac, you ever been in love?
- Mac: No, I've been a bartender all me life.”
“- Zeb Rawlings: Mike King don't own the railroad!
- Jethro Stuart: Oh? I don't think he knows that.”
“The best actors do not let the wheels show. This is the hardest kind of acting, and it works only if you look as if you are not acting at all.”
“All it takes is one man, could be anybody... your neighbor, my neighbor... one man to destroy a city.”
“I've been close to Bette Davis for thirty-eight years - and I have the cigarette burns to prove it.”
“I was not, shall we say, a go-getter. I guess I was sort of a bum.”
“You only live once.”
“I may not know much of law Mr. Felder, but I know what's right and what's wrong. And I know what you're asking is wrong.”
“Wanna dance or would you rather just suck face?”
“He might have been a preacher but he seen things clear. He was like a lantern. He helped me to see things clear.”
“- Peter Kirk: Are there many lady doctors?
- Helen Hunt: A few.
- Peter Kirk: As beautiful as you?
- Helen Hunt: No doubt.
- Peter Kirk: The time I've wasted being well.”