Inability quotes130 inability quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Clue
“- Miss Scarlet: Do you miss him?
- Mrs. White: Well, it's a matter of life after death. Now that he's dead, I have a life.
- Wadsworth: But, he was your second husband. Your first husband also disappeared.
- Mrs. White: But that was his job. He was an illusionist.
- Wadsworth: But he never reappeared!
- Mrs. White: He wasn't a very good...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Ever After
- From the movie: An Ideal Husband
“- Lady Markby: I can't help feeling that this disturbing new thing, this higher education of women, will deal a terrible blow to happy married life.
- Mrs. Laura Cheveley: The higher education of men is what I should like to see. Men need it so sadly.
- Lady Markby: They do, dear. But I'm afraid such a scheme would be quite unpractical. I don't...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Falling Down
- From the animation: The Prince of Egypt
“Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.”
- From the movie: The Manchurian Candidate
“I keep telling you not to think! You're very, very good at a great many things, but thinking, hon', just simply isn't one of them.”
- La trovi in Reputation and Popularity
“Me, I'm good at nothing but walking on the set with a pretty dress.”
- From the movie: Stalag 17
- From the movie: Singin' in the Rain
“Lina. She can't act, she can't sing, she can't dance. A triple threat.”
- From the movie: An American in Paris
- From the movie: Brief Encounter
“There should be a Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Musical Instruments.”
- From the TV Series: Breaking Bad
- From the TV Series: Breaking Bad
“- Hank: So who's your chief, little Injun?
- Jesse Pinkman: What? What does that even mean?
- Hank: It means I think your story's bullshit. I think you know who Tuco Salamanca was. I think your car was there because you were there. Tuco had a bullet in him when I got there and I think you know something about that, too.
- Jesse Pinkman: So...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Leopard
“I belong to an unlucky generation, astride between two worlds and ill-at-ease in both. And what is more, I am completely without illusions. Now, what would the Senate do with me, an inexperienced legislator who lacks the faculty for self-deception, an essential requisite for wanting to guide others. No, I cannot lift a finger in politics. It...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Baby Doll
“- Baby Doll: Sometimes I don't know where to go or what to do.
- Silva Vacarro: Well, that's not uncommon. People enter this world without instruction.”
- From the movie: American Hustle
“You know what, if the country were run by people like you, Irving Rosenfeld, we'd be living in Eastern Europe or Guatemala.”
- From the movie: Thor: Ragnarok
“- Bruce Banner: I don't know how to fly this thing!
- Thor: You're a doctor, you have PhDs. You should figure it out.
- Bruce Banner: None of them for flying alien spaceships!”
- From the movie: Ghost in the Shell
“The truth is, I wasn't built to dance.”
- From the movie: Over the Edge
- From the movie: Captain America: The First Avenger
“We are close to and offensive network that will shake the planet. And yet we are continually delayed, because you cannot outwit a simpleton with a shield!”
- From the movie: United 93
- From the movie: Romeo Must Die
“- Kai: Your brother wasn't suited to lead. He didn't have the discipline.
- Han Sing: That's why you killed him.
- Kai: That's why I had to.”
“A man becomes a critic when he cannot be an artist, the same way that a man becomes an informer when he cannot be a soldier.”