Salary quotes27 salary quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Never confuse the size of your paycheck with the size of your talent.”
“I am paid not to think.”
“Why is there so much month left at the end of the money?”
“There aren't any small parts, only small paychecks.”
“I believe that if a man does a job as well as a woman, he should be paid as much.”
“- Katherine Newbury: I can’t give you a raise, Gabe. It’s like giving a raise to a drug addict.
- Gabe Eichler: What?
- Katherine Newbury: Well, your situations are virtually identical. A drug addict makes certain decisions outside of work for their sense of self and comfort, and then the addiction demands more time, more energy, more money,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The studio system collapsed only when Elizabeth Taylor charged $1 million for Cleopatra.”
“I got as little as a $75 a week when I started.”
“- Paul Biegler: You're fired.
- Maida Rutledge: You can't fire me until you pay me.”
“- Annie: A guy who rents a house this big must be making up for something pretty small, I'd say.
- Max: No no, I've seen his dick, it's pretty great.
- Annie: Well, I tried.”
“I'll admit I may have seen better days, but I'm still not to be had for the price of a cocktail, like a salted peanut.”
“If you can figure out how to get paid to do something you love, that's the dream.”
“- Captain York: I'm Captain Yorke, sir. I bid you welcome, General Thursday.
- Lt. Col. Owen Thursday: I'm not a general, Captain. A man is what he's paid for. I'm paid in the rank of Lt. Colonel.
- Captain York: I'd remembered you as a general from the war, sir.”
“I can't afford to work for only ten thousand dollars a week.”
“Can you imagine being wonderfully overpaid for dressing up and playing games?”
“When I see the amount of money flung into that cauldron called Hollywood, I feel not one ounce of guilt about what I get.”
“Do your job and demand your compensation - but in that order.”
“If it's a good script I'll do it. And if it's a bad script, and they pay me enough, I'll do it.”
“Why the hell don't they hire some of the old ones? All those bastards at the studios are trying to do is find fifty-dollar-a-week Gables, Coopers, and Bogarts.”
“Hollywood don't always pay a lot of money. Because we're English they think we're cheap!”
“I don't think of acting in terms of making a living.”