Job quotes1061 job quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself. You must be able to sustain yourself against staggering blows. There is no code of conduct to help beginners. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go much further than people with vastly superior talent.”
“Somewhere in Libya right now, a janitor's working the night shift at Libyan Intelligence Headquarters. He's going about doing his job... because he has no idea, in about an hour he's going to die in a massive explosion. He's just going about his job, because he has no idea that about an hourago I gave an order to have him killed. You've just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Etta Candy: I'm introducing myself. It's Etta Candy. I'm Steve Trevor's secretary.
- Diana Prince: What is a secretary?
- Etta Candy: Oh, well, I do everything. I go where he tells me to go, I do what he tells me to do.
- Diana Prince: Well, where I'm from that's called slavery.
- Etta Candy: I really like her.”
“- Miss Scarlet: Do you miss him?
- Mrs. White: Well, it's a matter of life after death. Now that he's dead, I have a life.
- Wadsworth: But, he was your second husband. Your first husband also disappeared.
- Mrs. White: But that was his job. He was an illusionist.
- Wadsworth: But he never reappeared!
- Mrs. White: He wasn't a very good...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't approve of the John Waynes and the Gary Coopers saying 'Shucks, I ain't no actor—I'm just a bridge builder or a gas station attendant.' If they aren't actors, what the hell are they getting paid for? I have respect for my profession. I worked hard at it.”
“- Rey: You're offering me a job?
- Han Solo: I'm considering it.”
“There's nothing like working with your mates - it's the way it should be, as far as I'm concerned.”
“If you can do what you do best and be happy, you're further along in life than most people.”
“Acting is not an important job in the scheme of things. Plumbing is.”
- Derek Zoolander: Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking "wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career".
- Matilda Jeffries: Do what for a career?
- Derek Zoolander: Be professionally good... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Troy Bolton: Your summer activities consultant has arrived.
- Gabriella Montez: Hopefully some of those activities will include a job.
- Troy Bolton: Hey, whatever happens, as long as we're together, it's cool, right?”
“I don't think you pick your projects; you fall in love with them.”
“I learned to take the first job that you have in the business that you want to get into. It doesn't matter what that job is, you get your foot in the door.”
“If Hollywood didn't work out I was all prepared to be the best secretary in the world.”
“- Ilsa Lund: I said I would never leave you.
- Rick Blaine: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of.”
“- Troy Bolton: What was the first thing you said to me when I started working here?
- Sharpay Evans: Bring me more iced tea?”
“Anyone who works is a fool. I don't work - I merely inflict myself upon the public.”
“I'm a pants salesman. I think I know how to act around people.”
“- Mickey: You had the talent to become a good fighter, but instead of that, you become a legbreaker to some cheap, second rate loanshark!
- Rocky: It's a living.
- Mickey: It's a waste of life!”
“- Mr. Fulton: Danforth. Bolton. You're caddying today. Fourty dollars a bag. You've been requested.
- Chad Danforth: What?
- Troy Bolton: By who?
- Chad Danforth: Dude, who cares? For 40 bucks, I'd caddy for Godzilla.”