Soldiers quotes425 soldiers quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Some had families waiting. For others, their only family would be the men they bled beside. There were no bands, no flags, no Honor Guards to welcome them home. They went to war because their country ordered them to. But in the end, they fought not for their country or their flag, they fought for each other.”
“When I was drafted and shipped off to Vietnam, the signature on my orders was Nixon's.”
“We can no long wear the uniform of the soldier. We forfeited that right and that includes me. I disobeyed an executive order, I violated my duty as a commanding officer. And eight men paid a catastrophic price. It's a mistake not easy to live with. So here I am just like you, a convicted criminal. Only difference between you and me is, I know...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts!”
“- Lt. Aldo Raine: Are you going to take off your uniform?
- Pvt. Butz: Not only shall I remove it, I intend to burn it.
- Lt. Aldo Raine: Yeah, that's what we thought. We don't like that. You see, we like our Nazis in uniform. That way you can spot 'em just like that. But you take off that uniform, ain't no one ever gonna know you were a Nazi.”
- Lt. Gen. Eugene Irwin: I don't think so. You know where saluting comes from?
- Cpl. Ramon Aguilar: No, sir.
- Lt. Gen. Eugene Irwin: It comes from medieval times. Two knights would approach each other on horseback. They would raise their visors and show their faces. It's like they're saying, "This is who I am. I'm not the enemy and I'm not... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sheldon Kornpett: You were involved in the Bay of Pigs?
- Vince Ricardo: Involved? That was my idea.”
“- Cruiser: I guess we're going after John and Russell. I can't believe they're Russian spies. Can you?
- Psycho: All I know is, finally I get to kill somebody.”
“To be a good soldier you must love the army. To be a good commander you must be able to order the death of the thing you love.”
“We were soldiers once, and young.”
“All right, you devil dogs, let's take that fuckin' hill!”
I'd like to make an appeal in a special way to the men in the army. Brothers, each one of you is one of us. We are the same People. The farmers and peasants that you kill are your own brothers and sisters. When you hear the words of a man telling you to kill, think instead in the words of God, "Thou shalt not kill". No soldier is obliged to obey... (continue)(continue reading)
“How hard is it to find a dead Englishman on Dunkirk beach? He didn't kill anyone!”
“- Maud Watts: You a suffragette, Mrs. Ellyn?
- Edith Ellyn: Yes, well I consider myself more a soldier, Mrs. Watts.”
“This is a good group of boys. We're all gonna die together out here. You're a good group of boys to die with, I'll tell you that much.”
“- Maj. Warden: I belong to a rather rum group called Force 316. Our headquarters is up in the botanical gardens.
- Commander Shears: Protecting rare plants from the enemy?”
“Wars aren't fought by nations or by armies. Wars are fought by men. There are two types of general in the American military. There are those who believe they can win in the face of all evidence to the contrary. And there are those who know they can't. Unfortunately for the world, it's the believers who climb to the top of the ladder. It's guys...” (continue)(continue reading)