Soldiers quotes428 soldiers quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Some had families waiting. For others, their only family would be the men they bled beside. There were no bands, no flags, no Honor Guards to welcome them home. They went to war because their country ordered them to. But in the end, they fought not for their country or their flag, they fought for each other.”
“When I was drafted and shipped off to Vietnam, the signature on my orders was Nixon's.”
“We can no long wear the uniform of the soldier. We forfeited that right and that includes me. I disobeyed an executive order, I violated my duty as a commanding officer. And eight men paid a catastrophic price. It's a mistake not easy to live with. So here I am just like you, a convicted criminal. Only difference between you and me is, I know...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts!”
“What it's like to kill a man? Well, it's goddamn awful, that's what it is. The only thing worse is getting a medal for killing some poor kid, some scared little gook just like you. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it.”
“- Lt. Aldo Raine: Are you going to take off your uniform?
- Pvt. Butz: Not only shall I remove it, I intend to burn it.
- Lt. Aldo Raine: Yeah, that's what we thought. We don't like that. You see, we like our Nazis in uniform. That way you can spot 'em just like that. But you take off that uniform, ain't no one ever gonna know you were a Nazi.”
- Lt. Gen. Eugene Irwin: I don't think so. You know where saluting comes from?
- Cpl. Ramon Aguilar: No, sir.
- Lt. Gen. Eugene Irwin: It comes from medieval times. Two knights would approach each other on horseback. They would raise their visors and show their faces. It's like they're saying, "This is who I am. I'm not the enemy and I'm not... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sheldon Kornpett: You were involved in the Bay of Pigs?
- Vince Ricardo: Involved? That was my idea.”
“- Cruiser: I guess we're going after John and Russell. I can't believe they're Russian spies. Can you?
- Psycho: All I know is, finally I get to kill somebody.”
“I ran the network in Iraq for two years. Samir recruited them from among the Sheik's followers and I trained them in the north. The Sheik was going to help us overthrow Saddam, I mean, he was our ally. We were financing him. Then there was a policy shift. It's not like we sold them out exactly, we just stopped helping them. They were slaughtered.”
“To be a good soldier you must love the army. To be a good commander you must be able to order the death of the thing you love.”
“- Maj. Reisman: So what does that give you?
- Capt. Stuart Kinder: Doesn't give me anything. But along with these other results, it gives you just about the most twisted, anti-social bunch of psychopathic deformities I have ever run into! And the worst, the most dangerous of the bunch, is Maggott. You've got one religious maniac, one malignant...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We were soldiers once, and young.”
“All right, you devil dogs, let's take that fuckin' hill!”
I'd like to make an appeal in a special way to the men in the army. Brothers, each one of you is one of us. We are the same People. The farmers and peasants that you kill are your own brothers and sisters. When you hear the words of a man telling you to kill, think instead in the words of God, "Thou shalt not kill". No soldier is obliged to obey... (continue)(continue reading)
“How hard is it to find a dead Englishman on Dunkirk beach? He didn't kill anyone!”
“- Maud Watts: You a suffragette, Mrs. Ellyn?
- Edith Ellyn: Yes, well I consider myself more a soldier, Mrs. Watts.”
“- Sgt. Hulka: We got a full day ahead of us. We're gonna start out with a five-mile run.
- John Winger: I know that I'm speaking for the entire platoon when I say this run should be postponed until this platoon is better rested.
- Sgt Hulka: Well, I'll tell you what, soldier. Let's make it ten miles.”