Soldiers quotes428 soldiers quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“This is a good group of boys. We're all gonna die together out here. You're a good group of boys to die with, I'll tell you that much.”
“Some had families waiting. For others, their only family would be the men they bled beside. There were no bands, no flags, no Honor Guards to welcome them home. They went to war because their country ordered them to. But in the end, they fought not for their country or their flag, they fought for each other.”
“When I was drafted and shipped off to Vietnam, the signature on my orders was Nixon's.”
“It's the poor man, the shit-shoveler with the arse out of his pants and two bob in his pocket that makes Australia. Every time trouble starts, there he is, standing like a fool at the recruiting office with his hand out for a rifle, while the rich boys are at home hanging on, waiting for a commission or their fathers to get them into a safe job....” (continue)(continue reading)
“We can no long wear the uniform of the soldier. We forfeited that right and that includes me. I disobeyed an executive order, I violated my duty as a commanding officer. And eight men paid a catastrophic price. It's a mistake not easy to live with. So here I am just like you, a convicted criminal. Only difference between you and me is, I know...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts!”
“- Boyd 'Bible' Swan: Welcome to the Army, Norm!
- Grady 'Coon-Ass' Travis: You did good. Best job I ever had!
- Boyd 'Bible' Swan: Best job I ever had!”
“What it's like to kill a man? Well, it's goddamn awful, that's what it is. The only thing worse is getting a medal for killing some poor kid, some scared little gook just like you. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it.”
“- Lt. Aldo Raine: Are you going to take off your uniform?
- Pvt. Butz: Not only shall I remove it, I intend to burn it.
- Lt. Aldo Raine: Yeah, that's what we thought. We don't like that. You see, we like our Nazis in uniform. That way you can spot 'em just like that. But you take off that uniform, ain't no one ever gonna know you were a Nazi.”
- Lt. Gen. Eugene Irwin: I don't think so. You know where saluting comes from?
- Cpl. Ramon Aguilar: No, sir.
- Lt. Gen. Eugene Irwin: It comes from medieval times. Two knights would approach each other on horseback. They would raise their visors and show their faces. It's like they're saying, "This is who I am. I'm not the enemy and I'm not... (continue)(continue reading)
“You can run me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me.”
“- Sheldon Kornpett: You were involved in the Bay of Pigs?
- Vince Ricardo: Involved? That was my idea.”
“- Cruiser: I guess we're going after John and Russell. I can't believe they're Russian spies. Can you?
- Psycho: All I know is, finally I get to kill somebody.”
“I ran the network in Iraq for two years. Samir recruited them from among the Sheik's followers and I trained them in the north. The Sheik was going to help us overthrow Saddam, I mean, he was our ally. We were financing him. Then there was a policy shift. It's not like we sold them out exactly, we just stopped helping them. They were slaughtered.”
“To be a good soldier you must love the army. To be a good commander you must be able to order the death of the thing you love.”
“- Maj. Reisman: So what does that give you?
- Capt. Stuart Kinder: Doesn't give me anything. But along with these other results, it gives you just about the most twisted, anti-social bunch of psychopathic deformities I have ever run into! And the worst, the most dangerous of the bunch, is Maggott. You've got one religious maniac, one malignant...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You may be lost, but you are not forgotten. For those who have travelled far, to fight in foreign lands, know that the soldier's greatest comfort is to have his friends close at hand. In the heat of battle it ceases to be an idea for which we fight. Or a flag. Rather we fight for the man on our left, and we fight for the man on our right. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We were soldiers once, and young.”
“All right, you devil dogs, let's take that fuckin' hill!”