“The Big Country” quotes(1958)
Plot – The two biggest breeders in San Rafael have been divided by an invincible hatred for years. Terril and Rufus Hannassey contend for a piece of land where flows the only course of water in the area, whose owner is Julie Maragon, a friend of Patricia, Terril's daughter. She refuses to sell her land, meanwhile James McKay arrives and tries to restore peace between the two old contenders convincing Julie to sell the land. The woman is however kidnapped by the Hannasseys and finally both Terrill and Rufus die.
All actors – Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons, Carroll Baker, Charlton Heston, Burl Ives, Charles Bickford, Alfonso Bedoya, Chuck Connors, Chuck Hayward, Buff Brady, Jim Burk, Dorothy Adams, Chuck Roberson, Bob Morgan, John McKee, Slim Talbot, Richard Alexander, Harry Cheshire, Jay W. Jensen, Donald Kerr, Roddy McDowall, Carey Paul Peck, Jonathan Peck, Stephen Peck, Ralph Sanfordshow all
“The Big Country” Quotes 6 quotes
“If there's anything I admire more than a dedicated friend, it is a dedicated enemy.”
“- Buck Hannassey: Remember, the Terrills ain't no friend of ours.
- Julie Maragon: I'll choose my own friends.
- Buck Hannassey: Oh, that won't do. You got to be on one side or the other. You can't have it both ways.”
“- Patricia Terrill: But if he loved me, why would he let me think he was a coward?
- Julie Maragon: If you love him, why would you think it? How many times does a man have to win you?”
“- James McKay: There's some things a man has to prove to himself alone... not to anyone else.
- Patricia Terrill: Not even to the woman he loves.
- James McKay: Least of all her... if she loves him.”
“- Patricia Terrill: Don't you care what people think of you?
- James McKay: I'm not responsible for what people think, Pat, only for what I am.”