Roddy McDowall quotes
“I still have the actor's disease. I always think I'll never get another job.”
“My whole life I've been trying to prove I'm not just yesterday.”
“- Caesar: Ah, if only my mother and father, whom I was too young to remember... If only they'd lived, perhaps they would have taught me if it was right to kill evil so that good shall prevail.
- Bruce MacDonald: But you know, Caesar, history shows...
- Caesar: Oh no, no, no. That is human history, not ape history. Ape, never kills ape.”
- Virgil: Teacher only reverted to type under provocation. He... he spoke like a slavemaster in the old days of our servitude when we were conditioned to mechanical obedience. He, uh, he uttered a negative, uh, imperative.
- Caesar: Could you put that into words which even Caesar could understand?
- Virgil: Uh, he said, "No, Aldo, no!".
“- Caesar: Can one murder be avenged by another?
- Virgil: Perhaps only the future will tell.”
“- Dr. Lewis Dixon: Can you read a map?
- Cornelius: I'm an archaeologist. I can even draw one!”
“- Reporter at Hotel: Dr. Cornelius, tell me: How do you find our women?
- Cornelius: Very human.”
“By the time the plague was contained, man was without pets. Of course, for man this was intolerable. I mean, he might kill his brother, but he could not kill his dog!”
“They became alert to the concept of slavery. And, as their numbers grew, to slavery's antidote which, of course, is unity. At first, they began assembling in small groups. They learned the art of corporate and militant action. They learned to refuse. At first, they just grunted their refusal. But then, on an historic day, which is commemorated...” (continue)(continue reading)
“They still haven't improved on our model. You can't modify perfection! We are the best.”
- V.I.N.CENT.: As an old war hero once said, "Damn the torpedos! full speed ahead!".
- B.O.B.: He also said something about going in harm's way.
“- John Ashwood II as a Boy: If there's a world war, I want to fight for England. You wouldn't want me to be a coward, would you?
- Susan Ashwood: No, darling.
- John Ashwood II as a Boy: Do you think father would like me to run away?
- Susan Ashwood: No, Johnny. I don't. Darn little Englishman. You're just like your father.”
“- Terry Corrigan: I'll bet I know who you are. You're Mr. Goldstein's replacement. Terry Corrigan, biology.
- Andrew Norris: Andy Norris, music. What's the gun for?
- Terry Corrigan: Where have you been teaching lately?
- Andrew Norris: Lately? Nowhere.
- Terry Corrigan: It figures.”
“- Lieutenant Charles Pizer: You know what they say, Vincent, all work and no play...
- V.I.N.CENT.: All sunshine makes a desert, so the Arabs say.”
“- Lieutenant Charles Pizer: Far be it from you to admit there isn't anything you can't handle.
- V.I.N.CENT.: There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer: the Wills, the Won'ts, and the Can'ts. The Wills accomplish everything, the Won'ts oppose everything, and the Can'ts won't try anything.”
“Everything I ever learnt as a small boy came from my father, and I never found anything he ever told me to be wrong or worthless. The simple lessons he taught me are as sharp and clear in my mind as if I had heard them only yesterday.”
“- Lieutenant Charles Pizer: Every time I see one of those things I expect to spot some guy dressed in red with horns and a pitchfork.
- Captain Dan Holland: It's a monster, all right.
- V.I.N.CENT.: A rip in the very fabric of space and time.”
“- Mrs. Carraclough: Lassie won't be waiting for you at school anymore.
- Joe Carraclough: Why not? What's happened?
- Mrs. Carraclough: Because she's sold; that's why not.”