Choice quotes574 choice quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“You only have the burdens on you that you choose to put there. ”
“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”
“- Waitress: You want strawberry pie or apple pie?
- Radio: I wan' both!”
“You can go slow. Allow your dreams and goals to change, but live an intentional life.”
“There are two places you can be in this world. You can be out here, like us [gesturing toward the farmhands], or you can be in there, like them [gesturing toward the sheep]. You waste time hemming and hawing and someone else is gonna make that choice for you. Except you won't know it, until you feel that bolt between your eyes.”
“God doesn't ask if we accept this life. There is no choice. Life is forced upon you. The only choice is how we live it. Or not. That's a choice as well.”
“You can either look at things in a brutal, truthful way that's depressing, or you can screw around and have fun.”
- Lloyd Dobler: I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the "Gas 'n' Sip" on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?
- Joe: By choice, man.
“- Dancer Backstage 1: Fuck him! He never picks me!
- Dancer Backstage 2: Honey, I did fuck him and he never picks me either.”
“Which would be worse? To live as a monster, or to die as a good man?”
“It's not how many you shoot. It's who you shoot.”
"What makes a man a man?" a friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.
“- Mr. Pink: Why am I Mr. Pink?
- Joe Cabot: Because you're a faggot, alright?
- Mr. Pink: Why can't we pick our own colors?
- Joe Cabot: No way, no way. Tried it once, it doesn't work. You get four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Black, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way. I pick. You're Mr. Pink. Be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“One comes to a decision based on what one wants, not based on what one doesn't want.”
“Alice, you cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours, because when you step out to face that creature, you will step out alone.”
“Now, I’m going to tell you something that’s going to make you immediately feel a little better. People tell you you can be born gay, that’s not true. You cannot be born a homosexual, this is a lie. Now, I’m a counselor and a pastor, but was I born that way? No. It’s behavioral. It’s a choice.”
“Sometimes God makes better choices for us than we could have ever made for ourselves.”