Responsibility quotes294 responsibility quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers - you can blame anyone but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change, you're the one who has got to change. It's as simple as that, isn't it?”
“Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”
“My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”
“We are seeing a globalization of indifference. There is a culture of conflict, which makes us think only of ourselves. Makes us live in soap bubbles which, however lovely, are also insubstantial. We've become used to the suffering of others. It doesn't affect me. No one in our world feels responsible. Who is responsible for the blood of our...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I do know that I'm responsible not for what happens, but for what I make of it.”
“- David Drumlin: I wish the world was a place where fair was the bottom line, where the kind of idealism you showed at the hearing was rewarded, not taken advantage of. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world.
- Ellie Arroway: Funny, I've always believed that the world is what we make of it.”
Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war "a cloud over the land" but they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say "Shit, it's raining!".
“Any fool with a dick can make a baby, but only a real man can raise his children.”
“- Patricia Terrill: Don't you care what people think of you?
- James McKay: I'm not responsible for what people think, Pat, only for what I am.”
“- Marianne Borg: You're a coward.
- Dr. Evald Borg: Yes. This life sickens me. I will not be forced to take on a responsibility that will make me live for one day longer than I want to. And you know that I mean what I say.”
“The new kids that come up, that's what gets you. The new ones, some of them have just got a little fuzz on their faces. They don't know what its all about. Scared to death. You know, Ernie, I know it ain't my fault that they get killed, but it makes me feel like a murderer. I hate to look at 'em, the new kids.”
“- Woody: Okay, like it or not, you are a toy. Maybe you don’t like being one, but you are one nonetheless. Which means you are going to be there for Andy when he…
- Forky: Who’s Andy?
- Woody: I mean, Bonnie. You have to be there for Bonnie. That is your job.
- Forky: Well, what’s your job?
Woody: Well, right now, it’s to make sure you do yours.” (continue)(continue reading)
“You feel a huge sense of responsibility when you're playing a real person.”
“- Rose Summerspring: It's not up to us.
- Emily Summerspring: Who's it up to, Rose?”
- Jewel: 'Cause you think about... ten years from now, where will you be, what'll you be doing? Now, whenever I close the door, I think: "Oh, is this the last time I'll ever have a chance to do whatever that thing was?"
- Forrest Tucker: You know what I do when the door closes?
- Jewel: What's that?
- Forrest Tucker: I jump out the window.
“- Ben Bradlee: We have to be the check on their power. If we don't hold them accountable, then, my God, who will?
- Kay Graham: Well, I've never smoked a cigar. And I have no problem holding Lyndon or Jack or Bob or any of them accountable. We can't hold them accountable if we don't have a newspaper.”