Responsibility quotes308 responsibility quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers - you can blame anyone but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change, you're the one who has got to change. It's as simple as that, isn't it?”
“Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”
“My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”
- From the movie: The Two Popes
“We are seeing a globalization of indifference. There is a culture of conflict, which makes us think only of ourselves. Makes us live in soap bubbles which, however lovely, are also insubstantial. We've become used to the suffering of others. It doesn't affect me. No one in our world feels responsible. Who is responsible for the blood of our...” (continue)(continue reading)
- La trovi in Motivational Quotes
“I do know that I'm responsible not for what happens, but for what I make of it.”
- From the movie: Spider-Man: Homecoming
- From the movie: The Equalizer 2
- From the movie: The Post
“- Ben Bradlee: We have to be the check on their power. If we don't hold them accountable, then, my God, who will?
- Kay Graham: Well, I've never smoked a cigar. And I have no problem holding Lyndon or Jack or Bob or any of them accountable. We can't hold them accountable if we don't have a newspaper.”
- From the movie: Contact
“- David Drumlin: I wish the world was a place where fair was the bottom line, where the kind of idealism you showed at the hearing was rewarded, not taken advantage of. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world.
- Ellie Arroway: Funny, I've always believed that the world is what we make of it.”
- La trovi in Reputation and Popularity
“Film is too vast a medium for self-indulgence. It's a dangerous tool and you must be responsible when you use it.”
- From the movie: Bound
- From the movie: Dave
- From the movie: Cold Mountain
Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war "a cloud over the land" but they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say "Shit, it's raining!".
- From the movie: Safe House
“- Matt Weston: I'm responsible for you.
- Tobin Frost: You're responsible for yourself.”
- From the movie: Boyz n the Hood
“Any fool with a dick can make a baby, but only a real man can raise his children.”
- From the movie: The Postman
“Wouldn't it be great if wars could be fought just by the assholes who started them?”
- From the movie: Michael Clayton
- From the movie: Affliction
“You will say that I should have known terrible things were about to happen. You will say that I was responsible. But even so, what could I have done by then? Wade lived on the edge of his emotions. He was always first to receive the brunt of our father's anger. He had no perspective to retreat to, even in a crisis.”
- From the movie: Mary Poppins
“- Bert: Let's sit down. You know, begging your pardon, but the one my heart goes out to is your father. There he is, in that cold heartless bank day after day, hammed in by mounds of cold heartless money. I don't like to see any living thing caged up.
- Jane: Father in a cage?
- Bert: They makes cages of all sizes and shapes, you know....” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Meet Joe Black
- From the movie: Dave
“I'm the President and, as they say, the buck stops here. So I take full responsibility for each one of my illegalactions. But that's not the whole story. I think the American people are entitled to the real truth. I have here evidence in the form of notes, letters, and written memoranda, proving that Bob Alexander was involved in each of these...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
There's an old saying: "For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost.
For want of a horseshoe, the steed was lost. For want of a steed, the message was not delivered.
For want of an undelivered message, the war was lost".
“You feel a huge sense of responsibility when you're playing a real person.”
- From the movie: Man Of Steel
- From the movie: Thor