Enemy quotes279 enemy quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I look at going to Hollywood as going behind enemy lines. You parachute in, set up the explosion, then fly out before it goes off.”
“Today, I want to talk about our opponent this afternoon. They're bigger, faster, stronger, more experienced and on paper, they're just better. And they know it too. But I want to tell you something that they don't know. They don't know your heart. I do. I've seen it.”
“It is impossible to get anything made or accomplished without stepping on some toes; enemies are inevitable when one is a doer.”
“- Arthur: We got a bogey on our tail!
- Mera: What does that even mean?
- Arthur: Enemy behind us!
- Mera: Why didn't you just say so?
- Arthur: Enemy behind us!”
“- Leonard Dekkom: Tomorrow, the sun will rise, all our enemies will be gone. Wiped away as if by the Hand of God.
- President Andrew Palma: Why would you do this?
- Leonard Dekkom: Because no-one else would. I'm turning the clock back to 1945, when America was a shining city on a hill, not just a bank disguised as a country.
- President Andrew...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Why have enemies when you can have friends?”
“- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: I pray you watch over the young Jack Geoghegan. That I lead into battle. You use me as your instrument in this awful hell of war to watch over them. Especially if they're men like this one beside me, deserving of a future in your blessing and goodwill. Amen.
- 2nd Lt. Jack Geoghegan: Amen.
- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: Oh, yes, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“They are now face-to-face with the most fearsome military machine in the history of man, and I intend to use it and be back on base in time for the playoffs.”
“Tend to view our lives as if we're looking through a keyhole. It's a very limited view of the truth. So we have to fill in the blanks. We invent things. You invent enemies to test your strength against. You invent gods to protect you from these enemies. Who is the enemy? One minute you have friends. The next moment, they've slipped away.”
“If that's how you treat your friends, Blake, I'm glad we're enemies.”
“Money can't buy friends, but it can get you a better class of enemy.”
“Little friend of all the world, nobody's enemy but my own.”
“Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Even though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it gives no attention to any bird than the one it first marked.”
“When you call happiness an enemy, then it's too late. Then you've already lost.”
“- Messala: Judah, either you help me or you oppose me, you have no other choice. You're either for me or against me!
- Judah Ben-Hur: If that is the choice, then I am against you.”
“If there's anything I admire more than a dedicated friend, it is a dedicated enemy.”
“- Buck Hannassey: Remember, the Terrills ain't no friend of ours.
- Julie Maragon: I'll choose my own friends.
- Buck Hannassey: Oh, that won't do. You got to be on one side or the other. You can't have it both ways.”
“- Lieutenant Joyce: I'm sorry, Sir. I thought you were the enemy.
- Commander Shears: Well, I'm an American, if that's what you mean.”
“There are no enemies in science, only phenomena to be studied.”
“It's a faceless enemy, unrecognizable, blending in with hundreds of others. It is everywhere. In cafés, in the alleys of the Casbah, or in the very streets of the European quarter.”