Authenticity quotes105 authenticity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Living consciously involves being genuine; it involves listening and responding to others honestly and openly; it involves being in the moment.”
“We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to make yourself feel nothing so as not to feel anything - what a waste!”
“I find more of an authenticity in people who are a little strange.”
“The best advice I've ever got is to be yourself. Stay true to who you are and what you stand for and you'll go far in life.”
“- Mary Austin: What's it like, singing for all those people?
- Freddie Mercury: When I know they're listening, when I know I really have them, I couldn't sing off-key if I tried. I am exactly the person I was always meant to be. I'm not afraid of anything... The only other time I ever feel that way is when I'm with you.”
“Everyone has a part of themselves they hide. Even from the people they love most.”
“On the stage, you have to find truth, even if you have to lose the audience.”
“Be yourself -- it's the one thing you can do better than anyone else.”
“- Kevin: Who is you, Chiron?
- Black: I'm me man. I ain't trying to be nothing else.”
“Fearlessly be yourself.”
“When you act, you're always playing a version of yourself. ”
“Homes are for free expression, not for good impression.”
Boy, just be yourself. If people don't like you for being yourself... Fuck 'em! Let me tell you something. I scored with a girl when I was about your age. I try to please her poppa all the time; wen' out my way to please her poppa. I came in one day, I said, "Nice weather we having". He said, "You can't say that. You can't say that; it might... (continue)(continue reading)
“Your part can be the king, but unless people are treating you like royalty, you ain't no king, man.”
“I drink therefore I am.”
“My job is to express myself.”
“A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me.”
“- Hal: Your father is a madman.
- Catherine: He may be mad, but he is true. His madness makes him true. He says only what he believes. That is why he is loved.”
“Have you seen what it's like out there, Murray? Do you ever actually leave the studio? Everybody just yells and screams at each other. Nobody's civil anymore. Nobody thinks what it's like to be the other guy. You think men like Thomas Wayne ever think what it's like to be someone like me? To be somebody but themselves? They don't. They think...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Be who you are right now.”
“Being in nature is very important to me. I'm not a glamour puss.”
“- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Which one makes me look more like a Harvard man?
- Martin Ginsburg: I’m thrilled to report that you look nothing like a Harvard man.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Seriously, it’s the dean’s dinner, Marty. You know how I am at these things. I need to make a good impression.
- Martin Ginsburg: And you will, Kiki, but you’ve got it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Fashion is a funny thing to talk about. I think what you wear is definitely an extension of you, but I also think it's totally arbitrary.”
“I wonder whether your madness isn't the worst kind. You act healthy, act it so well that everyone believes you--everyone except me, because I know how rotten you are.”