Gregory Peck quotes
“- Professor Fred Lieberman: Millions of people nowadays are religious only in the vaguest sense. I've often wondered why the Jews among them still go on calling themselves Jews. Do you know, Mr. Green?
- Phil Green: No, but I'd like to.
- Professor Fred Lieberman: Because the world still makes it an advantage not to be one. Thus it becomes a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't lecture and I don't grind any axes. I just want to entertain.”
“- Atticus Finch: Do you know what a compromise is?
- Scout: Bendin' the law?
- Atticus Finch: Uh, no. It's an agreement reached by mutual consent. Now, here's the way it works. You concede the necessity of goin' to school, we'll keep right on readin' the same every night, just as we always have. Is that a bargain?”
- Scout: May I see your watch? "To Atticus, My Beloved Husband." Atticus, Jem says this watch is gonna belong to him some day.
- Atticus Finch: That's right.
- Scout: Why?
- Atticus Finch: Well, it's customary for the boy to have his father's watch.
- Scout: What are you gonna give me?
- Atticus Finch: Well, I don't know that I have much else of... (continue)(continue reading)
“- James McKay: There's some things a man has to prove to himself alone... not to anyone else.
- Patricia Terrill: Not even to the woman he loves.
- James McKay: Least of all her... if she loves him.”
“- Patricia Terrill: Don't you care what people think of you?
- James McKay: I'm not responsible for what people think, Pat, only for what I am.”
“- Anthony Keane, Counsel for the Defense: I was thinking just today, how much fun it would be to go to Italy.
- Gay Keane: Italy? I thought we'd planned on going to Switzerland.
- Anthony Keane, Counsel for the Defense: I know. But Italy somehow seemed so much more - colourful. Might go back to Venice. You know, get in a gondola.
- Gay Keane:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“So far I've been digging in facts and data - I've sort of been ignoring feelings.”
“- Kathy Lacey: You can't make over the whole world. You know I'm on Dave's side.
- Phil Green: Well, I'm not on Dave's side or any side, except against their side.”
“- Tommy Green: What's anti-semitism?
- Phil Green: Well, uh, that's when some people don't like other people just because they're Jews.
- Tommy Green: Why not? Are Jews bad?
- Phil Green: Well, some are and some aren't, just like with everyone else.
- Tommy Green: What are Jews, anyway?
- Phil Green: Well, uh, it's like this. Remember last week...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- John Ballantyne: That Freud stuff's a bunch of hooey.
- Dr. Alex Brulov: Oh, you are a fine one to talk! You have a guilt complex and amnesia and you don't know if you are coming or going from somewhere, but Freud is hooey! This you know! Hmph! Wiseguy.”
“- Cleve Van Valen: From the first moment I saw you I've known that I couldn't live without you.
- Lilith Prescott: Well... I'd hate to be the cause of your death, Mr. Van Valen.”
“What was I supposed to do, stand there and let that little boy shoot me full of holes?”
“- Marshal Mark Strett: Somebody after you?
- Jimmy Ringo: Three somebodies.
- Marshal Mark Strett: The law?
- Jimmy Ringo: Naw, this is personal.
- Marshal Mark Strett: I don't want 'em to catch up with you here.
- Jimmy Ringo: I don't want 'em to catch up with me anywhere.”
“- Peggy Walsh: When did you get this idea Jim?
- Jimmy Ringo: Well I didn't get it, it just kinda' came over me. The way gettin' older comes over ya. All of a sudden you look at things different then the way ya did five years ago. All of a sudden I knew this was the only thing in the world I wanted.”
“- Jimmy Ringo: Now turn around and head for the door. Keep movin' and don't do anything sudden with your hands.
- Hunt Bromley: I'll be seein' ya, Mister Ringo...
- Jimmy Ringo: All the way outside, sonny.”
“- Lewton 'Lewt' McCanles: I'm riding back to that hitching post and then turning and starting to shoot.
- Jesse McCanles: It's more than you did for Sam Pierce! Why all the consideration?
- Lewton 'Lewt' McCanles: I just don't want them fancy friends of yours to say you had a brother who shot you down in cold blood.”
“- Joe Bradley: You should always wear my clothes.
- Princess Ann: It seems I do.”