Gregory Peck quotes
“I don't lecture and I don't grind any axes. I just want to entertain.”
“- James McKay: There's some things a man has to prove to himself alone... not to anyone else.
- Patricia Terrill: Not even to the woman he loves.
- James McKay: Least of all her... if she loves him.”
“- Patricia Terrill: Don't you care what people think of you?
- James McKay: I'm not responsible for what people think, Pat, only for what I am.”
“- Anthony Keane, Counsel for the Defense: I was thinking just today, how much fun it would be to go to Italy.
- Gay Keane: Italy? I thought we'd planned on going to Switzerland.
- Anthony Keane, Counsel for the Defense: I know. But Italy somehow seemed so much more - colourful. Might go back to Venice. You know, get in a gondola.
- Gay Keane:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“So far I've been digging in facts and data - I've sort of been ignoring feelings.”
“- Kathy Lacey: You can't make over the whole world. You know I'm on Dave's side.
- Phil Green: Well, I'm not on Dave's side or any side, except against their side.”
“- Professor Fred Lieberman: Millions of people nowadays are religious only in the vaguest sense. I've often wondered why the Jews among them still go on calling themselves Jews. Do you know, Mr. Green?
- Phil Green: No, but I'd like to.
- Professor Fred Lieberman: Because the world still makes it an advantage not to be one. Thus it becomes a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tommy Green: What's anti-semitism?
- Phil Green: Well, uh, that's when some people don't like other people just because they're Jews.
- Tommy Green: Why not? Are Jews bad?
- Phil Green: Well, some are and some aren't, just like with everyone else.
- Tommy Green: What are Jews, anyway?
- Phil Green: Well, uh, it's like this. Remember last week...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- John Ballantyne: That Freud stuff's a bunch of hooey.
- Dr. Alex Brulov: Oh, you are a fine one to talk! You have a guilt complex and amnesia and you don't know if you are coming or going from somewhere, but Freud is hooey! This you know! Hmph! Wiseguy.”
“- Cleve Van Valen: From the first moment I saw you I've known that I couldn't live without you.
- Lilith Prescott: Well... I'd hate to be the cause of your death, Mr. Van Valen.”
“What was I supposed to do, stand there and let that little boy shoot me full of holes?”
“- Marshal Mark Strett: Somebody after you?
- Jimmy Ringo: Three somebodies.
- Marshal Mark Strett: The law?
- Jimmy Ringo: Naw, this is personal.
- Marshal Mark Strett: I don't want 'em to catch up with you here.
- Jimmy Ringo: I don't want 'em to catch up with me anywhere.”
“- Peggy Walsh: When did you get this idea Jim?
- Jimmy Ringo: Well I didn't get it, it just kinda' came over me. The way gettin' older comes over ya. All of a sudden you look at things different then the way ya did five years ago. All of a sudden I knew this was the only thing in the world I wanted.”
“- Jimmy Ringo: Now turn around and head for the door. Keep movin' and don't do anything sudden with your hands.
- Hunt Bromley: I'll be seein' ya, Mister Ringo...
- Jimmy Ringo: All the way outside, sonny.”
“- Lewton 'Lewt' McCanles: I'm riding back to that hitching post and then turning and starting to shoot.
- Jesse McCanles: It's more than you did for Sam Pierce! Why all the consideration?
- Lewton 'Lewt' McCanles: I just don't want them fancy friends of yours to say you had a brother who shot you down in cold blood.”
“- Joe Bradley: You should always wear my clothes.
- Princess Ann: It seems I do.”