“The Birds” quotes(1963)
Plot – In a San Francisco pet shop Mitch Brenner meets Melanie, the daughter of one of the major publisher of the city. Irritated but attracted by his attitude, Melanie decides to surprise him and goes to Bodega Bay - where Mitch usually spends the weekends with his mother and his little sister Cathy - saying she wants to give her little girl a pair of "inseparable" parrots for her imminent birthday. As soon as she arrives, Melanie is attacked by a seagull that hurts her in the face. The woman is hosted by Annie, Cathy's schoolteacher and Mitch's old flame. During the night, another seagull inexplicably slams on the door. It's only the first of a long series of strange events, with birds as the main characters.
All actors – Rod Taylor, Jessica Tandy, Suzanne Pleshette, Tippi Hedren, Veronica Cartwright, Ethel Griffies, Charles McGraw, Ruth McDevitt, Lonny Chapman, Joe Mantell, Doodles Weaver, Malcolm Atterbury, John McGovern, Karl Swenson, Richard Deacon, Elizabeth Wilson, Bill Quinn, Doreen Lang, Morgan Brittany, Darlene Conley, Valerie Ferdin, Betsy Hale, Alfred Hitchcock, Dal McKennon, Mike Monteleone, Renn Reed, Jeannie Russell, Roxanne Tunis, Tomm Wells, Mitch Zanichshow all
“The Birds” Quotes 5 quotes
“I'm neither poor nor innocent.”
“- Melanie Daniels: On Mondays and Wednesdays I work for the Travelers Aid at the airport.
- Mitch Brenner: Helping travelers?
- Melanie Daniels: No, misdirecting them.”
“- Mitch Brenner: Aren't those lovebirds?
- Melanie Daniels: No, those are, uh, red birds.
- Mitch Brenner: Oh, I thought they were strawberry finches.
- Melanie Daniels: Oh, yes. We call them that, too.”
“- Melanie Daniels: Just what is it you're looking for, sir?
- Mitch Brenner: Lovebirds.
- Melanie Daniels: Lovebirds, sir?
- Mitch Brenner: Yes. I understand there are different varieties. Is that true?
- Melanie Daniels: Oh yes, there are.
- Mitch Brenner: Well, uh, these are for my sister, for her birthday, see, and uh, as she's only gonna be...” (continue)(continue reading)