James Mason quotes
“Cats do not need to be shown how to have a good time, for they are unfailingly ingenious in that respect.”
“- Leonard: Sometimes the truth does taste like a mouthful of worms.
- Phillip Vandamm: The truth? I've heard nothing but innuendos.
- Leonard: Call it my woman's intuition, if you will. But I've never trusted neatness. Neatness is always the result of deliberate planning.”
“We were right Livius. There is no limit with what can be done with a human spirit, for good or evil.”
“- Marcus Aurelius: What is another day to offer you, Timonides?
- Timonides: Warmth, life, color, people.”
“It's a shame that I didn't marry someone who was my intellectual equal.”
“God was wrong!”
“- Dr. Watson: You squashed my pea.
- Sherlock Holmes: Now you've got it cornered.
- Dr. Watson: Yes, but squashing a fellow's pea.
- Sherlock Holmes: Just trying to help.
- Dr. Watson: I didn't want it squashed, I don't like it that way - I like it whole so that you can feel it pop when you bite down on it.”
“- Ed Concannon: Why wasn't she getting oxygen?
- Dr. Towler: Well, many reasons, really...
- Ed Concannon: Tell me one.
- Dr. Towler: She'd aspirated vomitus into her mask.
- Ed Concannon: She threw up in her mask. Now cut the bullshit, please. Just say it: She threw up in her mask.”
“The likelihood of one individual being right increases in direct proportion to the intensity with which others are trying to prove him wrong.”
I'd prepared a case and old man White said to me, "How did you do?". And, I said, "Did my best". And he said, "You're not paid to do your best. You're paid to win".
“- Joe Pendleton: She loves me, Mr. Jordan!
- Mr. Jordan: Joe, you must abide by what is written.”