James Mason quotes
“Cats do not need to be shown how to have a good time, for they are unfailingly ingenious in that respect.”
“The likelihood of one individual being right increases in direct proportion to the intensity with which others are trying to prove him wrong.”
“- Dr. Zempf: Has anybody instructed Lolita in the facts of life?
- Humbert Humbert: The facts?
- Dr. Zempf: The facts of life. You see, Lolita is a sweet, little child, but the onset of maturity seems to be giving her a certain amount of trouble.
- Humbert Humbert: I really don't think that this is a fit topic.
- Dr. Zempf: Well, Dr. Humbert, to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What drives me insane is the twofold nature of this nymphet, of every nymphet perhaps, this mixture in my Lolita of tender, dreamy childishness and a kind of eerie vulgarity. I know it is madness to keep this journal, but it gives me a strange thrill to do so. And only a loving wife could decipher my microscopic script.”
“- Lolita Haze: Do you always have to shave twice a day?
- Humbert Humbert: Yes, of course, because all the best people shave twice a day.”
“- Leonard: Sometimes the truth does taste like a mouthful of worms.
- Phillip Vandamm: The truth? I've heard nothing but innuendos.
- Leonard: Call it my woman's intuition, if you will. But I've never trusted neatness. Neatness is always the result of deliberate planning.”
“We were right Livius. There is no limit with what can be done with a human spirit, for good or evil.”
“- Marcus Aurelius: What is another day to offer you, Timonides?
- Timonides: Warmth, life, color, people.”
“It's a shame that I didn't marry someone who was my intellectual equal.”
“God was wrong!”
“- Dr. Watson: You squashed my pea.
- Sherlock Holmes: Now you've got it cornered.
- Dr. Watson: Yes, but squashing a fellow's pea.
- Sherlock Holmes: Just trying to help.
- Dr. Watson: I didn't want it squashed, I don't like it that way - I like it whole so that you can feel it pop when you bite down on it.”
“- Ed Concannon: Why wasn't she getting oxygen?
- Dr. Towler: Well, many reasons, really...
- Ed Concannon: Tell me one.
- Dr. Towler: She'd aspirated vomitus into her mask.
- Ed Concannon: She threw up in her mask. Now cut the bullshit, please. Just say it: She threw up in her mask.”
I'd prepared a case and old man White said to me, "How did you do?". And, I said, "Did my best". And he said, "You're not paid to do your best. You're paid to win".
“- Joe Pendleton: She loves me, Mr. Jordan!
- Mr. Jordan: Joe, you must abide by what is written.”