“To Kill a Mockingbird” quotes(1962)
Plot – 1932. Atticus Finch is a lawyer who lives in Maycomb, Alabama, with his children Scout and Jem. They are attracted to a ruined house in the nearby where they think Boo Radley is locked, a mentally ill guy they've never met. Sometimes they even suspend their games to bet who will get closer to the building. One day Bob Ewell, a drunk and violent farmer, reports Tom Robinson to the Sheriff for seducing his 19-year-old daughter, but Tom proclaims himself innocent and Judge Taylor calls Atticus to defend him. The lawyer demonstrates indeed Tom's innocence but the jury declares him guilty. The man manages to escape and he's killed. Meanwhile, Bob Ewell wants to take revenge of Atticus and one night he assaults Scout and Jem, but the children are saved by someone who kills Bob in turn. The unknown savior is Boo Radley himself, who has grown fond of the two guys, even if he has never talked to them.
All actors – Gregory Peck, John Megna, Frank Overton, Rosemary Murphy, Ruth White, Brock Peters, Estelle Evans, Paul Fix, Collin Wilcox Paxton, James Anderson, Alice Ghostley, Robert Duvall, William Windom, Crahan Denton, Richard Hale, Mary Badham, Phillip Alford, R.L. Armstrong, Bobby Barber, Danny Borzage, Jess Cavin, Steve Condit, David Crawford, Jamie Forster, Charles Fredericks, Jester Hairston, Chuck Hamilton, Kim Hamilton, Kim Hector, Michael Jeffers, Dick Johnstone, Colin Kenny, Nancy Marshall, Paulene Myers, William H. O'Brien, Gil Perkins, Hugh Sanders, Barry Seltzer, Kim Stanley, Jay Sullivan, Kelly Thordsen, Arthur Tovey, Max Wagner, Bill Walker, Dan White, Guy Wilkersonshow all
“To Kill a Mockingbird” Quotes 5 quotes
“- Atticus Finch: Do you know what a compromise is?
- Scout: Bendin' the law?
- Atticus Finch: Uh, no. It's an agreement reached by mutual consent. Now, here's the way it works. You concede the necessity of goin' to school, we'll keep right on readin' the same every night, just as we always have. Is that a bargain?”
“Atticus says cheating a black man is ten times worse than cheating a white.”
- Scout: May I see your watch? "To Atticus, My Beloved Husband." Atticus, Jem says this watch is gonna belong to him some day.
- Atticus Finch: That's right.
- Scout: Why?
- Atticus Finch: Well, it's customary for the boy to have his father's watch.
- Scout: What are you gonna give me?
- Atticus Finch: Well, I don't know that I have much else of... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Miss Maudie Atkinson: Jem.
- Jem: Yes, ma'am?
- Miss Maudie Atkinson: I don't know if it will help saying this to you... some men in this world are born to do our unpleasant jobs for us... your father is one of them.
- Jem: Oh, well.”