“North by Northwest” quotes(1959)
Plot – Roger Thornhill, an advertising agent arrested for driving under the influence, tells the police an incredible story. While he was in a New York hotel, he was kidnapped and taken to a villa by two men ordered by a certain Townsend. The police investigates but doesn't come to any result, even if Thornhill remembers one detail: his kidnappers called him George Kaplan. Meanwhile Thornhill himself learns that a man named Townsend is in the United Nation building but he's not the same one he met in the villa.
All actors – Cary Grant, Eva Marie Saint, James Mason, Jessie Royce Landis, Leo G. Carroll, Josephine Hutchinson, Philip Ober, Martin Landau, Adam Williams, Edward Platt, Robert Ellenstein, Les Tremayne, Philip Coolidge, Patrick McVey, Edward Binns, Ken Lynch, Stanley Adams, Andy Albin, Anne Anderson, Ernest Anderson, Malcolm Atterbury, Tol Avery, Baynes Barron, John Beradino, Stephen Bolster, Taggart Casey, Bill Catching, Bob Coe, Walter Coy, Jimmy Cross, Lucille Curtis, Patricia Cutts, Jack Daly, John Damler, Lawrence Dobkin, Tommy Farrell, Jesslyn Fax, Adolph Faylauer, Bess Flowers, Josephine Forsberg, Sally Fraser, Paul Genge, Ned Glass, Tom Greenway, Len Hendry, Alfred Hitchcock, Stuart Holmes, Eugene Jackson, Bobby Johnson, Sid Kane, Kenner G. Kemp, Madge Kennedy, Colin Kenny, Doreen Lang, Larry Leverett, Alexander Lockwood, Frank Marlowe, Nora Marlowe, Tom Marshall, James McCallion, Maura McGiveney, Carl Milletaire, Howard Negley, Charles Postal, Maudie Prickett, Hugh Pryor, Ralph Reed, Jeffrey Sayre, Harry Seymour, Robert Shayne, Doris Singh, Jeremy Slate, Olan Soule, Helen Spring, Harvey Stephens, Bert Stevens, Harry Strang, Arthur Tovey, Dale Van Sickel, Ray Weaver, Susan Whitney, Frank Wilcox, Lloyd Williams, Robert Williams, Paula Winslowe, Wilson Wood, Carleton Youngshow all
“North by Northwest” Quotes 12 quotes
“War is hell, Mr. Thornhill, even when it's a cold one.”
“- Eve Kendall: I want you to do a favor for me. A big, big favor.
- Roger Thornhill: Name it.
- Eve Kendall: I want you to leave right now, stay far away from me, and don't come near me again. We're not going to get involved. Last night was last night, and it's all there was, and it's all there is. There isn't going to be anything more between...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Eve Kendall: Patience is a virtue.
- Roger Thornhill: So is breathing.”
“- The Professor: If I thought there was any chance of changing your mind, I'd talk about Miss Kendall, of whom you so obviously disapprove.
- Roger Thornhill: Yes, for using sex like some people use a flyswatter.”
“- Roger Thornhill: How do we know it's not a fake? It looks like a fake.
- Bidder: Well, one thing we know. You're no fake. You are a genuine idiot.”
“- Roger Thornhill: What's wrong with men like me?
- Eve Kendall: They don't believe in marriage.
- Roger Thornhill: I've been married twice.
- Eve Kendall: See what I mean?”
“In the world of advertising, there's no such thing as a lie. There's only expedient exaggeration.”
“- Leonard: Sometimes the truth does taste like a mouthful of worms.
- Phillip Vandamm: The truth? I've heard nothing but innuendos.
- Leonard: Call it my woman's intuition, if you will. But I've never trusted neatness. Neatness is always the result of deliberate planning.”
“- Roger Thornhill: My wives divorced me.
- Eve Kendall: Why?
- Roger Thornhill: They said I led too dull a life.”
“- Ticket Seller: Something wrong with your eyes?
- Roger Thornhill: Yes, they're sensitive to questions.”