“To Catch a Thief” quotes(1955)
All actors – Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, Jessie Royce Landis, John Williams, Charles Vanel, Brigitte Auber, Jean Martinelli, Georgette Anys, George Adrian, John Alderson, Martha Bamattre, René Blancard, Eugene Borden, Nina Borget, Margaret Brewster, Lewis Charles, Frank Chelland, Wilson Cornell, Reinie Costello, William 'Wee Willie' Davis, Dominique Davray, Louise De Carlo, Guy De Vestel, Gloria Dee, Kathleen Desmond, Lala Detolly, Dolores Ellsworth, George Ellsworth, Bess Flowers, Russell Gaige, Steven Geray, Art Gilmore, Michael Hadlow, Alfred Hitchcock, Gladys Holland, Jeshurun Howard, Jean Hébey, Beverly Ruth Jordan, Lorraine Knight, Bela Kovacs, Jeanne Lafayette, Donald Lawton, Eddie Le Baron, Roland Lesaffre, Edward Manouk, Jonathan Marlowe, Jerri McKenna, Don Megowan, Louis Mercier, Alberto Morin, George Nardelli, Paul Newlan, Barry Norton, George Paris, Manuel París, Joan Patti, Leonard Penn, Albert Pollet, John Powell, Loulette Sablon, Cosmo Sardo, Otto F. Schulze, Lal Singh, Adele St. Mauer, Marie Stoddard, Aimee Torriani, Philip Van Zandt, Geni Whitlow, Phyllis Youngshow all
“To Catch a Thief” Quotes 32 quotes
“- John Robie: You're here in Europe to buy a husband.
- Frances Stevens: The man I want doesn't have a price.
- John Robie: That eliminates me.”
“- John Robie: I only regret one thing.
- Danielle Foussard: That you never asked me to marry you?
- John Robie: No, that I never taught you better English.”
“- Frances Stevens: He's a thief.
- Mrs. Jessie Stevens: And what did he steal from you?
- Frances Stevens: Oh, mother!
- Mrs. Jessie Stevens: Since when is love a crime?”
I heard some talk in the kitchen. They say: "What a pity if they must kill "The Cat"!".
“For what it's worth, I never stole from anybody who would go hungry.”
“- John Robie: Why don't you own a place like this?
- Frances Stevens: Palaces are for royalty. We're just common people with a bank account.”
“- H. H. Hughson: You are a man of obvious good taste in everything. Why did you...
- John Robie: Why did I take up stealing? To live better, to own things I couldn't afford, to acquire this good taste that you now enjoy and which I should be very reluctant to give up.”
“- John Robie: Danielle, you are just a girl. She is a woman.
- Danielle Foussard: Why buy an old car if you can get a new one cheaper? It will run better and last longer.”
“- John Robie: You know as well as I do: this necklace is imitation.
- Frances Stevens: Well, I'm not.”
“- H. H. Hughson: How many did you kill?
- John Robie: 72. But I know something that'll please you: none of them were insured.”
“- Frances Stevens: What do you say?
- John Robie: My only comment would be highly censorable.”
“- Frances Stevens: I'm in love with you.
- John Robie: Now that's a ridiculous thing to say.”
“I bet you told her all your trees are sequoias.”
“I'm a great believer of getting down to essentials.”
“- Frances Stevens: I've never caught a jewel thief before. It's stimulating. It's like... It's like...
- John Robie: Like sitting in a hot tub?”
“- John Robie: You know what I think?
- Frances Stevens: About what?
- John Robie: You.
- Frances Stevens: I don't really care.”
“- John Robie: Say something nice to her, Danielle.
- Danielle Foussard: She looks a lot older up close.”
“- H. H. Hughson: Then you are frankly dishonest.
- John Robie: I try to be.”
“- H. H. Hughson: The pastries are light as air.
- John Robie: Germaine has very sensitive hands and an exceedingly light touch. She strangled a German general - without a sound.”
“- John Robie: May I ask you a personal question?
- Frances Stevens: I've been hoping you would.”