Anthony Perkins quotes
“- Dr. Alex Durant: You will be remembered as one of the greatest space scientists of all time.
- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: I've never doubted that.”
“Boys, don't try to find a woman as wonderful as your mother to marry because if you do, you'll stay single your whole lives.”
“I have learned more about love, selflessness and human understanding from the people I have met in this great adventure in the world of AIDS than I ever did in the cutthroat, competitive world in which I spent my life.”
“- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: It's about time that people learned about their failures and my successes.
- Dr. Alex Durant: You should come back with us and enjoy the glory of that success.
- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: I don't want to go back and I don't enjoy successes any more.”
“- Norman Bates: It's not like my mother is a maniac or a raving thing. She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?
- Marion Crane: Yes. Sometimes just one time can be enough.”
“- Marion Crane: Do you go out with friends?
- Norman Bates: A boy's best friend is his mother.”
“A son is a poor substitute for a lover.”
“Conservative clothes never go out of style.”
“- Maureen Coyle: You must think I've gone mad.
- Norman Bates: Oh, no. We all go a little mad sometimes.”
“- Norman Bates: Mary works with me at the diner. She's been staying here, too.
- Dr. Raymond: Really?
- Norman Bates: Oh, it's not like that. We're just... we're just friends.”
- Norman Bates: I saw her. Even the initials on her suitcase, "M.C.". Marion Crane.
- Norma Bates: Another of your cheap erotic delusions, out of your cheap erotic imagination. You killed her. The slut deserved it. But she's dead and the dead don't come back.
- Norman Bates: You came back.
- Norma Bates: I never went away, don't you know that by... (continue)(continue reading)
“Norman Bates is the Hamlet of horror roles.”
“We're the same, don't you see? The same rage. The same fear. We hurt the same. We escape the same. But we don't have to anymore. We have a chance. Both of us. Together. No more disguises.”
“- Norma Bates: You can't get rid of me. I'll always be with you, Norman. Always. Stand up straight and wipe your snotty little nose. If the disgusting little whore is going to upset you so much, just get rid of her.
- Norman Bates: No!
- Norma Bates: Then maybe I will.”
“- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: Tonight, my friends, we stand on the brink of a feat unparalleled in space exploration. If the data on my returningprobe matches my computerized calculations, I will travel where no man has dared to go.
- Dr. Alex Durant: Into the black hole?
- Dr. Hans Reinhardt: In - thorough - and beyond!”
“- Mary: Who did it?
- Norman Bates: My mother did, she told me so herself.
- Mary: Oh, Norman... You're mad, don't you know that? You're as mad as a hatter.”
“- Norman Bates: Mary, I'm becoming confused again, aren't I?
- Mary: Of course not.
- Norman Bates: Don't lie to me! Not you!
- Mary: Yes, Norman... you are becoming confused again.”
“Oh God, to whom vengeance belongs. How long shall the wickedtriumph? How long shall they utter and speak hard things? How long shall they turn 50-buck tricks, and strut their evil bodies and smelly silk underwear? Tear off that dress and she's as helpless as I am. China Blue, alias Joanna Crane, alias Peter Shayne. They'll all... be saved.”
- Duane Duke: Business slow?
- Norman Bates: Well, you're my first customer of the day. Or did you just stop in for directions to the Interstate? Well, it's the next...
- Duane Duke: No, actually, I was interested in that "Help Wanted" sign in the window.