Cary Grant quotes
“- Walter Burns: Sorta wish you hadn't done that, Hildy.
- Hildy Johnson: Done what?
- Walter Burns: Divorced me. Makes a fella lose all faith in himself. Gives him a... almost gives him a feeling he wasn't wanted.
- Hildy Johnson: That's what divorces are for!”
“To hardly know him is to know him well. And perhaps it offends my vanity to have anyone who is even remotely my wife re-marry so obviously beneath her.”
“You'll never be a first class human being or a first class woman until you've learned to have some regard for human frailty.”
“- John Robie: You're here in Europe to buy a husband.
- Frances Stevens: The man I want doesn't have a price.
- John Robie: That eliminates me.”
“Little friend of all the world, nobody's enemy but my own.”
“- Jack Clayton: Oh I'm crazy about you.
- Tira: I did my best to make you that way.”
“- Reggie Lampert: The man and woman are married.
- Peter Joshua: I can see that. They're batting each other over the head.”
“- Peter Joshua: All right, get set for the story of my life.
- Reggie Lampert: Fiction or non-fiction?”
“- Peter Joshua: Do we know each other?
- Reggie Lampert: Why, do you think we're going to?
- Peter Joshua: How would I know?
- Reggie Lampert: Because I already know an awful lot of people, so until one of them dies I couldn't possibly meet anyone else.
- Peter Joshua: Well, if anyone goes on the critical list, let me know.”
“- Eve Kendall: I want you to do a favor for me. A big, big favor.
- Roger Thornhill: Name it.
- Eve Kendall: I want you to leave right now, stay far away from me, and don't come near me again. We're not going to get involved. Last night was last night, and it's all there was, and it's all there is. There isn't going to be anything more between...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Eve Kendall: Patience is a virtue.
- Roger Thornhill: So is breathing.”
“- The Professor: If I thought there was any chance of changing your mind, I'd talk about Miss Kendall, of whom you so obviously disapprove.
- Roger Thornhill: Yes, for using sex like some people use a flyswatter.”
“- Roger Thornhill: How do we know it's not a fake? It looks like a fake.
- Bidder: Well, one thing we know. You're no fake. You are a genuine idiot.”
“- Roger Thornhill: What's wrong with men like me?
- Eve Kendall: They don't believe in marriage.
- Roger Thornhill: I've been married twice.
- Eve Kendall: See what I mean?”
“In the world of advertising, there's no such thing as a lie. There's only expedient exaggeration.”
“- Roger Thornhill: My wives divorced me.
- Eve Kendall: Why?
- Roger Thornhill: They said I led too dull a life.”
“- Ticket Seller: Something wrong with your eyes?
- Roger Thornhill: Yes, they're sensitive to questions.”