Cary Grant quotes
“Little friend of all the world, nobody's enemy but my own.”
“- Barnaby: I was just thinking, it's queer about people.
- Mrs. Edwina Fulton: What about people?
- Barnaby: Through no fault of their own they get older.
- Mrs. Edwina Fulton: Now, that's a profound remark.
- Barnaby: They get older, something happens to them.
- Mrs. Edwina Fulton: Are you referring to me Barnaby?
- Barnaby: Nah, I was thinking...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I couldn't see straight or think straight. I was a fat-headed guy, full of pain.”
“Dry your eyes, baby; it's out of character.”
“- Alexander Sebastian: I'm not afraid to die.
- Devlin: You've got your chance, here and now.”
“- Alicia: I'm terrified.
- Devlin: Just pretend you're a janitor. Janitors are never terrified.”
“- Alicia: Don't ever leave me.
- Devlin: You'll never get rid of me again.
- Alicia: Never tried to.”
“- Alicia: Say it again, it keeps me awake.
- Devlin: I love you.”
“- Alicia: This is a very strange love affair.
- Devlin: Why?
- Alicia: Maybe the fact that you don't love me.”
“A man doesn't tell a woman what to do. She tells herself.”
“- John Robie: I only regret one thing.
- Danielle Foussard: That you never asked me to marry you?
- John Robie: No, that I never taught you better English.”
“- Mrs. Random: Well who are you?
- David Huxley: I don't know. I'm not quite myself today.
- Mrs. Random: Well, you look perfectly idiotic in those clothes.”
“He was lucky — and he knew it.”
“Everyone tells me I've had such an interesting life, but sometimes I think it's been nothing but stomach disturbances and self-concern.”
“- Walter Burns: Sorta wish you hadn't done that, Hildy.
- Hildy Johnson: Done what?
- Walter Burns: Divorced me. Makes a fella lose all faith in himself. Gives him a... almost gives him a feeling he wasn't wanted.
- Hildy Johnson: That's what divorces are for!”
“Divorce is a game played by lawyers.”
“Do your job and demand your compensation - but in that order.”