Cary Grant quotes
“Little friend of all the world, nobody's enemy but my own.”
“- Eve Kendall: I want you to do a favor for me. A big, big favor.
- Roger Thornhill: Name it.
- Eve Kendall: I want you to leave right now, stay far away from me, and don't come near me again. We're not going to get involved. Last night was last night, and it's all there was, and it's all there is. There isn't going to be anything more between...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Eve Kendall: Patience is a virtue.
- Roger Thornhill: So is breathing.”
“- The Professor: If I thought there was any chance of changing your mind, I'd talk about Miss Kendall, of whom you so obviously disapprove.
- Roger Thornhill: Yes, for using sex like some people use a flyswatter.”
“- Roger Thornhill: How do we know it's not a fake? It looks like a fake.
- Bidder: Well, one thing we know. You're no fake. You are a genuine idiot.”
“- Roger Thornhill: What's wrong with men like me?
- Eve Kendall: They don't believe in marriage.
- Roger Thornhill: I've been married twice.
- Eve Kendall: See what I mean?”
“In the world of advertising, there's no such thing as a lie. There's only expedient exaggeration.”
“- Roger Thornhill: My wives divorced me.
- Eve Kendall: Why?
- Roger Thornhill: They said I led too dull a life.”
“- Ticket Seller: Something wrong with your eyes?
- Roger Thornhill: Yes, they're sensitive to questions.”
“- Barnaby: I was just thinking, it's queer about people.
- Mrs. Edwina Fulton: What about people?
- Barnaby: Through no fault of their own they get older.
- Mrs. Edwina Fulton: Now, that's a profound remark.
- Barnaby: They get older, something happens to them.
- Mrs. Edwina Fulton: Are you referring to me Barnaby?
- Barnaby: Nah, I was thinking...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I couldn't see straight or think straight. I was a fat-headed guy, full of pain.”
“Dry your eyes, baby; it's out of character.”
“- Alexander Sebastian: I'm not afraid to die.
- Devlin: You've got your chance, here and now.”
“- Alicia: I'm terrified.
- Devlin: Just pretend you're a janitor. Janitors are never terrified.”
“- Alicia: Don't ever leave me.
- Devlin: You'll never get rid of me again.
- Alicia: Never tried to.”
“- Alicia: Say it again, it keeps me awake.
- Devlin: I love you.”
“- Alicia: This is a very strange love affair.
- Devlin: Why?
- Alicia: Maybe the fact that you don't love me.”