Martin Landau quotes
“We are the last living survivors from our prison block. Besides me, you are the only person who could still recognize the man who killed our families.”
“Don't let up until you hear cartilage snap, or they crap in their pants.”
“- Leonard: Sometimes the truth does taste like a mouthful of worms.
- Phillip Vandamm: The truth? I've heard nothing but innuendos.
- Leonard: Call it my woman's intuition, if you will. But I've never trusted neatness. Neatness is always the result of deliberate planning.”
“Everyone can walk and talk. Your job is to create magic.”
“- Max Rosenbaum: Do you remember what you said you would do when Ruth died?
- Zev Gutman: [pauses] No.
- Max Rosenbaum: That's okay, it's okay. I wrote everything down so you could remember.”
“There is no fortune worth the price of a true love. Some things are priceless.”
“- Neal: Everybody has to work for somebody. Even Michelangelo had to please the Pope.
- Vincent Eastman: The Pope didn't ask for parking space.”
“- Max Rosenbaum: He knew exactly what he was doing.
- Retirement Home Senior: What? What are you talking about, Max?
- Max Rosenbaum: The man he killed was named Kunibert Sturm. And Zev's name was Otto Wallisch. They were the men who... murdered my family.”
“Hitler probably thought he was a wonderful guy doing some wonderful and righteous work for Germany.”
“Everything that has happened to me is of value to me. As painful as certain things are, and have been, and were, there's a use for those things in my life and in my work.”
- Bela Lugosi: The pure horror, it both repels and attracts them, because in their collective unconsiousness, they have the agony of childbirth. The blood. The blood is horror.
- Edward D. Wood, Jr.: You know, I never thought of that.
- Bela Lugosi: Take my word for it. If you want to make out with a young lady, take her to see "Dracula".
“Jack lives in the real world. You live in the kingdom of heaven. I'd managed to keep free of that real world but suddenly it's found me.”
“Kickin' me was right. Checkin' to see if I was okay was wrong.”
“That script of yours has all the right elements. I mean it's got good characters and a terrific story. I don't know if you agree with me but I think story is the most important element of a script.”
“- Al: How about sex?
- Ed: I'm sorry, Al, but I'm gonna have to pass. And it's not an age thing, 'cause you are still a handsome man.”
“- Beverly: That's right I'm fucking both your investors so don't fuck with me, any questions?
- Jack Roth: You know I've never had Sushi before.”
“We can't run from who we are, our destiny chooses us.”
“Without God the world is a cesspool.”
“Don't blame your mother, I was irresistible!”
When I was a little kid, maybe five years old, in the old country, my mother used to say to me; she'd warn me, she'd say, "Don't get too close to people. You'll catch their dreams".