“American Splendor” quotes(2003)
Plot – Harvey Pekar works in the veterans hospital of Cleveland. He likes to write, read and listen to jazz music. One day, his friend Robert Crumb is rewarded for his comic operas. Harvey is envious and thinks to write a comic strip.
All actors – Chris Ambrose, Joey Krajcar, Josh Hutcherson, Cameron Carter, Daniel Tay, Mary Faktor, Paul Giamatti, Harvey Pekar, Shari Springer Berman, Larry John Meyers, Vivienne Benesch, Barbara Brownshow all
“American Splendor” Quotes 8 quotes
“- Mattress Guy 1: So how smart is she?
- Mattress Guy 2: I don't know. I guess she's about average.
- Mattress Guy 1: Average? Average is dumb!”
“- Harvey Pekar: You don't have any problems with moving to Cleveland?
- Joyce Brabner: Not really. I find most American cities to be depressing in the same way.”
“Ordinary life is pretty complex stuff.”
“I think we should skip the whole courtship thing and just get married.”
“- Real Toby: I think one might be lime. One might be like mint.
- Real Harvey: You can tell that by just looking at them?
- Real Toby: Not me. I have to put it in my mouth first.”
“Life seemed so sweet and so sad, and so hard to let go of in the end. Every day is a brand new deal, right? Just keep on working and something's bound to turn up.”
“You might want to try believing in something bigger than yourself. It might cheer you up.”