America quotes490 america quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“America is built for success.”
“It's for sure a white man's world in America. Look here: I raised that boy since he was the size of a piss-ant. And I'll say right now, he never learned to read and write. No, sir. Had no brains at all. Was stuffed with rice pudding between th' ears. Shortchanged by the Lord, and dumb as a jackass. Look at him now! Yes, sir, all you've gotta be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You are not an American, you are the victim of America!”
“The story of the Negro in America is the story of America, and it is not a pretty story.”
“It comes as a great shock, around the age of five or six or seven, to discover that Gary Cooper killing off the Indians, when you were rooting for Gary Cooper, that the Indians were you. It comes as a great shock to discover the country which is your birthplace and to which you owe your life and your identity has not in its whole system of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“An Indian man ain’t nothing without his hair.”
“The greatest measure of the Nineteenth Century. Passed by corruption, aided and abetted by the purest man in America.”
“God is going to have to answer to His maker for this part of the country.”
“It's not your fault you've been brainwashed by America.”
“- Marko Ramius: There's one thing you haven't yet asked me: why?
- Jack Ryan: Well, I thought you would tell me when you felt ready.
- Marko Ramius: Well, there are those who believe that we should attack the United States first. Settle everything in one moment. Red October was built for that purpose.”
“Any person who would defile America's pastime by wearing a baseball cap backwards... well, that's an evil that speaks for itself!”
“I've always felt that in America we're all equal. I don't care what you make, or what kind of car you drive. You're not better than me.”
“There is certainly a higher percentage of wit in British comedy than in American comedy.”
“- Stanley: War? Who are we at war with?
- Gabriel: Anyone who impinges on America's freedom. Terrorist states, Stanley. Someone must bring their war to them. They bomb a church, we bomb ten. They hijack a plane, we take out an airport. They execute American tourists, we tactically nuke an entire city. Our job is to make terrorism so horrific...” (continue)(continue reading)
“America is not a country. It's a business.”
“It's a cliche, but Americans are puritanical. In their movies, they are scared of sex, but they overindulge in violence.”
“I don't give a rats ass for the voters! All I care about is the power and the power that'll give me the money. That's why I'm a success and you're not! America for the Americans. You believe that nonsense? You're stupider than I thought! I'd sell my soul to the Japanese if they made me an offer. And as for you, don't come suckering around me if...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff.”
“- Col. Samuel Trautman: You don't belong here, why don't you come back with me?
- Rambo: Back to what? My friends died here, and a piece of me did too.
- Col. Samuel Trautman: The war, the whole conflict may have been wrong, but damn it, don't hate your country for it.
- Rambo: Hate? I'd die for it.
- Col. Samuel Trautman: Then what is it you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We walk, and Afghanistan reverts back to the Taliban. Only now the Taliban has metastasized into something infinitely more vicious and potent because they're now 2-0 versus superpowers. They butcher the people who helped us, who voted and were stupid enough to put their faith in our word. So call it not only the end of hope for 10s of millions...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Ladies and Gentlemen, good morning. Today you will become citizens of the United States of America. No longer are you an Englishman, Italian, a Pole or whatever, neither will you be a hyphenated American. From this day you are no longer a subject of a governement, but an intergal part of the government, a free man.”