Sadness quotes180 sadness quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Gentlemen, most of you did not know me when I had the use of my legs. I was strong, and proud, and arrogant. Now I wonder, every hour of my life, why God put me into this chair. But when I see defeat in the eyes of my countrymen, in your eyes right now, I start to think that maybe He brought me down for times like these when we all need to be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Susannah: Will he come back?
- Colonel Ludlow: I don't know.
- Colonel Ludlow: [One Stab speaks Cree] Stab says yes.”
“Stop laughing at me!”
“- Bonnie: Please, I don't want to end it this way.
- Brian: Jesus, everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn't end.”
“The blues ain't nothing but a good man feeling bad, thinking about the woman he once was with.”
“The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.”
“- Meg Magrath: Why'd you do it, Babe? Why'd you put your head in the oven?
- Babe Magrath: I don't know... I'm having a bad day.”
“- Billy: So what about your mother? Does she have sex?
- Debbie: No, she's unfulfilled. That's why she dances.
- Billy: She dances instead of sex? Your family's weird!”
“Saddest people are the ones who don't know what they want.”
“I haven't been happy one minute of my entire fucking life.”
“- Dr. Andrej Gorobec: You must always have faith, in yourself, in life.
- Princess Asa Vajda: In life? What is my life? Sadness and grief. Something that destroys itself day by day, and no one can rebuild it. Here is the very image of my life. Look at it. It's being consumed hour by hour like this garden, abandoned to a purposeless existence.”
“I keep feeling like big moments get stolen away from me.”
“- Lesley: I'm pathetic. You know, I've dreamt of being a Broadway actress since I was a little kid. And now I'm here. And I'm not a Broadway actress. I'm still just a little kid. And I keep waiting for someone to tell me I made it.
- Laura: [Sincerely] Hey. You made it.
- Lesley: I did?
- Laura: Sadly it was with Mike Shiner, on a fake motel bed.”
“- Susannah: Were you going to say goodbye? Tristan? How long will you be gone?
- Tristan: Not long. A few months.
- Susannah: I can make it better for you.
- Tristan: No.
- Susannah: If we'd had a child or if I were pregnant, would you still be going?
- Tristan: Yes.
- Susannah: Just give me a chance.
- Tristan: Don't do that.
- Susannah: Look...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Albert: You know, honestly, I never knew I could feel like this. You know? I swear I'm going out of my mind. It's like I want to throw myself off of every building in New York. I see a cab and I just wanna dive in front of it because then I'll stop thinking about her.
- Hitch: Look, you will. Just give it time.
- Albert: That's just it. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ma: You don't need me. You've been doing just fine without me.
- Nancy: Oh. How can you say that, huh? Do you honestly think that you were the only one whose life was destroyed?
- Ma: [Interrupts] Actually, that's exactly what I think.”
“It's a good sign when you feel a little bad.”
“Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone?”