Sadness quotes207 sadness quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Gentlemen, most of you did not know me when I had the use of my legs. I was strong, and proud, and arrogant. Now I wonder, every hour of my life, why God put me into this chair. But when I see defeat in the eyes of my countrymen, in your eyes right now, I start to think that maybe He brought me down for times like these when we all need to be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There was this sadness in his eyes. The kind you sometimes see in those who want to die, but life won’t let them.”
“I just want to sit and stare at nothing, and silently scream for the rest of time.”
“I haven't been happy one minute of my entire fucking life.”
“- Susannah: Were you going to say goodbye? Tristan? How long will you be gone?
- Tristan: Not long. A few months.
- Susannah: I can make it better for you.
- Tristan: No.
- Susannah: If we'd had a child or if I were pregnant, would you still be going?
- Tristan: Yes.
- Susannah: Just give me a chance.
- Tristan: Don't do that.
- Susannah: Look...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What do you say we just back it in and go back to the Bronx?”
“Take her to the moon for me. Okay?”
“- Susannah: Will he come back?
- Colonel Ludlow: I don't know.
- Colonel Ludlow: [One Stab speaks Cree] Stab says yes.”
“- Doug: [Writing his suicide note to Brian] My dearest Brian, A guy like me looks in the mirror, he either grins, or he starts to fade away. And I haven't seen anything to grin about in a long time. This may not be the most graceful exit, but I know when the bottle's empty. The only thing I'm really going to miss is the conversations we had. At...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Stop laughing at me!”
“- Bert: Let's sit down. You know, begging your pardon, but the one my heart goes out to is your father. There he is, in that cold heartless bank day after day, hammed in by mounds of cold heartless money. I don't like to see any living thing caged up.
- Jane: Father in a cage?
- Bert: They makes cages of all sizes and shapes, you know....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bonnie: Please, I don't want to end it this way.
- Brian: Jesus, everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn't end.”
“I left a can of Spam in your refrigerator... I hope your Brewers Yeast doesn't take it personally.”
“The blues ain't nothing but a good man feeling bad, thinking about the woman he once was with.”
“The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.”
“- Meg Magrath: Why'd you do it, Babe? Why'd you put your head in the oven?
- Babe Magrath: I don't know... I'm having a bad day.”
“- Billy: So what about your mother? Does she have sex?
- Debbie: No, she's unfulfilled. That's why she dances.
- Billy: She dances instead of sex? Your family's weird!”
“Nothing that a bottle of Jack and a straight razor won't fix.”
“Don't upset yourself. We don't know what we don't know.”
“I'm sad, but at the same time I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like, it makes me feel alive, you know? It makes me feel human. And the only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt somethin' really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good, so I guess what I'm feelin' is like a, beautiful sadness.”