“Saving Mr. Banks” quotes(2013)
All actors – Emma Thompson, Tom Hanks, Annie Rose Buckley, Colin Farrell, Ruth Wilson, Paul Giamatti, Bradley Whitford, B.J. Novak, Jason Schwartzman, Lily Bigham, Kathy Baker, Melanie Paxson, Andy McPhee, Rachel Griffiths, Ronan Vibert, Jerry Hauck, Laura Waddell, Fuschia Sumner, David Ross Paterson, Michelle Arthur, Michael Swinehart, Bob Rusch, Paul Tassone, Luke Baines, Demetrius Grosse, Steven Cabral, Kimberly D'Armond, Mia Serafino, Claire Bocking, Dendrie Taylor, , Marc Abbink, Christine Ames, Hermione Baddeley, Ashlee-Rose Barnett, Jaeden Bettencourt, Melissa Bickerton, Vincent M. Biscione, Andrew Blood, Eric Corbin, Mary Czerwinski, Lynne Alana Delaney, Cheryl Dent, Seth Di Marco, Hal Dion, Karen Dotrice, Alan Ehrlich, Lynly Ehrlich, Matthew Garber, Patricia Garcia, Emilie Germain, Stephen Goodman, Tess Gordon, Alan Gray, Richard Halverson, Jennifer Lana Harper, Daniel D. Harris, Kevin Hawley, Tomas Johansson, Glynis Johns, Barbara Keegan, Faye Kelly, Amanda Kluge, Michael Kunselman, Kristopher Kyer, John Luder, Katharina Magdalena, Sean Scott McCracken, Brett R. Miller, Alan Mueting, Margaret Newborn, Robert Nickerson, Gina Novish, Maria Olsen, Ginger Pauley, Josh Pierce, Donald Prince, Stacey Arwen Raab, Leslie Ranne, Cal Rein, Anna Rekota, Anna Roberts, Elizabeth Russo, Frank Scozzari, Kristy Staky, Robert Stilwell, Victoria Summer, Alexandra Surer, John H. Tobin, David Tomlinson, P.L. Travers, Dwight Turner, Tom Waters, January Welsh, Michelle Wintersshow all
“Saving Mr. Banks” Quotes 26 quotes
“- Walt Disney: You look at me and you see some kind of Hollywood King Midas. You think I've built and empire and I want your Mary Poppins as just another brick in my kingdom.
- P.L. Travers: And don't you?
- Walt Disney: Now, if that's all it was, would I have suckered up to a stubborn, cranky dame like you for twenty years? No, I'd have saved...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Walt Disney: Please sit down.
- P.L. Travers: I shall not sit in the seat of a trickster! A fraudster! A sneak!
- Walt Disney: Mrs. Travers, what in the world has upset you so?
- P.L. Travers: Penguins have very much upset me! Animated, dancing penguins! Now, you have seduced me with the music, Mr. Disney, yes, you have. Those Sherman boys...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Where is Mr. Disney? I should so much like to get this started and finished as briskly as is humanly possible.”
“I know what he's going to do to her. She'll be cavorting, and twinkling, careening towards a happy ending like a kamikaze.”
“- Porter: Would you like me to unpack for you, ma'am?
- P.L. Travers: Young man, if it is your ambition to handle ladies' garments, may I suggest you take employment in a launderette?”
“Don't you ever stop dreaming. You can be anyone you want to be.”
“- P.L. Travers: You are the only American I have ever liked.
- Ralph: May I ask why?
- P.L. Travers: No.”
“- Walt Disney: I think life disappoints you, Ms. Travers. I think it's done that a lot. And maybe Mary Poppins is the only person in your life who hasn't.
- P.L. Travers: Mary Poppins isn't real.
- Walt Disney: That's not true. She was as real as can be to my daughters, and to thousands of other children - adults too. She's been a nighttime...” (continue)(continue reading)
“My point is that, unlike yourself, Mary Poppins is the very enemy of whimsy and sentiment. She's truthful. She doesn't sugarcoat the darkness in the world that these children will eventually, inevitably come to know. She prepares them for it. She deals in honesty. One must clean one's room, it will magically do it by itself! This entire script...” (continue)(continue reading)
“George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again.”
“- Travers Goff: Which kind of kisses do you prefer, Gintamina? Swoosh! Scratchy ones or silky ones?
- Ginty: Silky ones.
- Travers Goff: A man must shave for to spare his daughter's cheeks! Swish!”
“- Walt Disney: We can't make the picture without the color red. The film is set in London, for Pete's sake!
- P.L. Travers: And?
- Walt Disney: Well, there's buses and mailboxes and guard's uniforms and things - Heck, the English flag!
- P.L. Travers: I understand your predicament, Mr. Disney. I do. It's just - I don't know what it is, I'm...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Disappointments are to the soul what the thunderstorm is to the air.”
- Ralph: "Albert Einstein, Van Gogh, Roosevelt, Frida Kahlo" - What is this?
- P.L. Travers: They all had difficulties. Jane can do anything that anyone else can do, do you understand? Look on the back.
- Ralph: "Walt Disney".
- P.L. Travers: Deficiencies in concentration and hyperactive behavior. Explains everything!
“I've fought this battle from her side. Pat Powers, he wanted the mouse and I didn't have a bean back then. He was this big terrifying New York producer and I was just a kid from Missouri with a sketch of Mickey, but it would've killed me to give him up. Honest to God, killed me. That mouse, he's family.”
“- Walt Disney: Let's make something wonderful.
- P.L. Travers: Well, let's see if that's at all possible.”
“- Walt Disney: I have my own Mr. Banks. Mine had a mustache.
- P.L. Travers: So it's not true that Disney created man in his own image?
- Walt Disney: No, but it is true that you created yourself in someone else, yes?”
“- Ralph: Welcome, Mrs. P.L. Travers, to the city of angels.
- P.L. Travers: It smells... of...
- Ralph: Jasmine?
- P.L. Travers: Chlorine, and sweat.”