Television quotes300 television quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Host-TV: Quite a story, yes? Any questions for Edward? Yeah, get way over. Stand right up.
- Audience Member #1: What's been the best part of your new life here in town?
- Edward: The friends I made.
- Host-TV: Any other questions?
- Audience Member #2: Have you ever thought of having corrective surgery or prosthetics? I know a doctor that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I think viewers are hungry for shows in which people say something meaningful.”
“The battle for the mind of North America will be fought in the video arena: the Videodrome. The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore, the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore, whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sarah: [gesturing her body in a sexy behavior] Devonshire cream: the creamiest cream.
- Mark: They paid you for that?
- Sarah: It's not so easy. You try it with a camera in your face, and a cow sniffing around your bum.”
“TV puts everybody in those boxes, side-by-side. On one side, there's this certifiable lunatic who says the Holocaust never happened. And next to him is this noted, honored historian who knows all about the Holocaust. And now, there they sit, side-by-side, they look like equals! Everything they say seems to be credible. And so, as it goes on,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's nothing you can get from a book that you can't get from a television faster.”
- Happy Gilmore: I'd love to punch that guy in the face right now. But I can't, you know, because I'd get in trouble. I bet you get a lot of that on "Let's Make A Deal".
- Bob Barker: It's "The Price Is Right", Happy.
- Happy Gilmore: Oh, yeah. Sorry.
“Have you ever seen Tom and Jerry? It’s a whole lot more accurate than people would think.”
“Someone once accused me of trying to turn the sitcom into an art form, and I really believe that's what I was trying to do.”
“Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.”
“I risk my reputation every time, why not on TV?”
“- Jonathan: Look. Put five men dressed like cats on the screen, what do they look like?
- Fred: Like five men dressed like cats.”
“Comedy is the three and a half minute chunks of filler on TV between the commercials you sell.”
“Most of my heroes had started out in the theater, so I was always doing plays, and I think initially it was just an escape and also a transcendent freedom that I discovered on the stage that I didn't feel anywhere else in my life.”