Intelligence quotes348 intelligence quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Look, Miss Snit, a girl does not get anywhere by acting intelligent! I mean, take a look at you and me. You chose books, I chose looks. I have a nice house, a wonderful husband and you are slaving away teaching snot-nosed children their ABCs.”
“I think intelligence is usually sexy until it becomes irritating.”
“You know what the problem is with being the smartest person in the world? Everyone else seems stupid!”
“- Elio: I think he was better than me. I think he was better than me.
- Mr. Perlman: I'm sure he'd say the same thing about you. Which flatters you both.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: I have been alone. All my life. But with the compensations of the intellect.
- Ann Kelmot: And is that enough?
- Sherlock Holmes: It can be. If one is so fortunate as to find a place in the world.”
- Neurologist: 1 in 68 children in this country are diagnosed with a form of autism. But if you can put aside for a moment what your pediatrician and all the other NT's have said about your son...
- Young Chris' Father: "NTs"?
- Neurologist: Neuro-typicals. The rest of us. What if we're wrong? What if we've been using the wrong tests to quantify... (continue)(continue reading)
“Always be smarter than the people who hire you.”
“In some ways you're far superior to my Cocker Spaniel.”
“A brilliant man would find a way not to fight a war.”
- Anne Uumellmahaye: Michael, you do so much for me, and I do nothing for you.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: Are you out of your head? Sorry, I forgot. As far as I'm concerned, you're the most complete woman I've ever known. All my life, I wanted women with great bodies, women who were "Tens". Now, for the first time, I'm aroused by a mind.
“To serve people takes dignity and intelligence. But remember, they are only people with money. And although we serve them, we are not their servants. What we do, Miss Ventura, does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.”
“If you thought I was so intelligent would you ask me if I understood?”
“- Lampy: Legs would help, you know.
- Kirby: Brains wouldn't hurt either.”
“I didn't go to college. I don't know anybody who did. Bunch of hippies and cesspool salesmen.”
“Sometimes I like to hang out with people who aren’t that bright, you know, just to see how the other half lives.”
“The older I get, the more I realize that age doesn't bring wisdom. It only brings weary. I'm not any smarter than I was 30 years ago. I've just grown too tired to juggle the lies and hide the fears. Self-awareness doesn't reveal my indiscretions; exhaustion does.”
“I’ll tell you how I feel about school, Jerry: it’s a waste of time. Bunch of people runnin’ around bumpin’ into each other, got a guy up front says, ‘2 + 2,’ and the people in the back say, ‘4.’ Then the bell rings and they give you a carton of milk and a piece of paper that says you can go take a dump or somethin’. I mean, it’s not a place for...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sucks, don't it? The moment you realize you don't know shit.”
“Oh screw beautiful! I'm brilliant! If you want to appease me, compliment my brain.”