“Charlie Wilson's War” quotes(2007)
All actors – Tom Hanks, Amy Adams, Julia Roberts, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Terry Bozeman, Brian Markinson, Jud Tylor, Hilary Angelo, Cyia Batten, Kirby Mitchell, Ed Regine, Daniel Eric Goldshow all
“Charlie Wilson's War” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Joanne Herring: Why is Congress saying one thing and doing nothing?
- Charlie Wilson: Well, tradition mostly.”
“I love Jesus Christ and his mother Mary as much as anybody. About 38 churches you could move that creche to, everybody lives.”
“- Charlie Wilson: You mean to tell me that the U.S. strategy in Afghanistan is to have the Afghans keep walking into machine gun fire 'til the Russians run out of bullets?
- Gust Avrakotos: That's Harold Holt's strategy, it's not U.S. strategy.
- Charlie Wilson: What is U.S. strategy?
- Gust Avrakotos: Well, strictly speaking, we don't have one....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I love you, Charlie, but you are a grown man who still hasn't learned to look both ways before he crosses the fucking street!”
“You know you've reached rock bottom when you're told you have character flaws by a man who hanged his predecessor in a military coup.”
“For 24 years people have been trying to kill me. People who know how. Now, do you think that's because my dad was a Greek soda pop maker? Or do you think it's because I'm an American spy?”
“As long as the press sees sex and drugs behind the left hand, you can park a battle carrier behind the right hand and no one's gonna fucking notice.”
“- Charlie Wilson: Gosh, Joanne, it's great to hear from you. Could I possibly call you back in just a little bit?
- Joanne Herring: Is Ronald Reagan in your bedroom right now?
- Charlie Wilson: No.
- Joanne Herring: Then I'm considerably more important than whoever is.”
“- Charlie Wilson: She always wanted to be a dancer but it was against her religion.
- Brigadier Rashid: What religion is that?
- Charlie Wilson: She's Baptist.”
“- Joanne Herring: He may be in trouble with the press, but he stayed out of jail. You don't see God's hand in this?
- Gust Avrakotos: Well reasonable people can disagree, but I don't see God anywhere within miles of this. On the other hand, if you slept with me tonight, I bet you I could change my mind in a hurry.”
“- Charlie Wilson: You're no James Bond.
- Gust Avrakotos: You're no Thomas Jefferson, either. Let's call it even.”
“- Gust Avrakotos: Promises were made!
- Cravely: Not by me.”
“- Joanne Herring: May I ask what it is that I've done to make you dislike me, Mr. Avrakotos?
- Gust Avrakotos: I like you just fine, Mrs. Herring, it's just been my experience that when people with money and too much free time get involved in politics, pretty soon, I forget who it is I'm supposed to be shooting at.”
“The Congressman has never been to rehab. They don't serve whisky at rehab.”